Sitka vs Chene waders

norcal7.3

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is mostly a western big game forum, but I figured I’d ask anyway. Anybody have any experience with both brands of waders? Getting damn tired of burning through 2 sets of waders every year. I’ve heard great things about both with the nod going to chene gear for customer service and warranty work. Neither are available in my size right now, but I wanna figure out which ones to get.

dtrkyman

WKR
No experience with either, just met a guy hunting in Sitka's, they had a tear in the knee and were leaking in the crotch he said, he hunts a lot!

May want to look at USIA waders, they will build you a pair custom, have heard they make Sitka's waders?

Wheels

WKR
Personally, I’d go with the Chene waders if I was going to spend $1000 on a pair. The Sitka waders have really had a lot of leaking issues since the started making them in China.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
You can get custom simms with boot foot. G3, G4, camo, etc. You can really dial in the fit. Great warranty.

ianpadron

WKR
I've got the Delta Zip waders.

If I had to get another pair I'd try the Chene.

I do have the OG Sitka boot design which was too fragile with how much neoprene was exposed on the upper ankle, my buddy has the upgraded version with armor, much tougher.

steve s

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ same story here. Love how comfortable Sitka waders are but have a boot leaking in second season. Even with a leak, I am still wearing these over any of my old banded waders.

I’d try Chene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
norcal7.3

norcal7.3

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ll bite the bullet on the chene when my size is available. Just blew the knee out in my current pair today. Thankfully there is only a week of season left

dtrkyman

WKR
I think I’ll bite the bullet on the chene when my size is available. Just blew the knee out in my current pair today. Thankfully there is only a week of season left
3m 5200 fast cure or uv 4000 will absolutely seal leaky waders, only thing I have tried that works. Had some dry rot on a boot, no other leaks on the waders, found out about that stuff and it is sealed.

Rubber cement, shoe goo flex seal all failed!

Those Chene waders sound amazing!

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
FYI -- Sitka Delta Zip are back in stock. I just received the email today. For what its worth, I tried the Delta Zips, and liked everything about them except how they fit me. I needed a short and they didn't make any this year and they gave no indication they would make them again. That's why I ended up with Simms which have been great. They fit really well with no wasted/excess material. I don't know Chene, so I can't comment. Please update us on the Chene waders if you get the chance. I'd like to hear the feedback. Cheers --

Last edited:
Simms.

I live in my waders and have for years. G4’s would be warmest and you can layer underneath to stay warm.

Their customer service is excellent and made in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I wore Chene waders this season, roughly 30 hunts. Everything from public timber hunts getting in and out of boats, to private fields getting in and out of pits and UTVs.

No issues, boot fits great and is comfortable, no leaks.

Several members of my club have Sitka waders, no major issues with those either.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in a similar camp as OP, I'm tired of blowing through $200 waders each season. However, I don't think that there is a "magic" fabric that isn't going to rip or tear, just a matter of when. I'm more focused on how quickly the company will handle the repair since it will likely be mid-season. So I would still need a second pair of waders for when the primary one fails. I am intrigued by the Chene