Sitka vs kuiu warranty

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
A couple years ago I ordered a pair of pants from KUIU. Got them threw them in my bag with all my other gear and when I got to camp realized they sent me the wrong size. I checked the order and yes they sent the wrong size. I sent them a message and told them the problem, they said send them back. I explained to them I was only going to be home for a day to pick up more gear and asked If they could send the right size. They said not until they received the other pair. I told them I was good for the pants and they could check my order history, been with them from day one. They again told me not until they received the other pants. Kind of sucked!

BluMtn

WKR
I'd try to keep at it. Maybe you tried this, but I'd email them the order number that came with your pack, and also send them the confirmation email and/or the shipping confirmation email that they send out when you submit your online order. Unless you ordered via phone, or picked up in person in California?

I had several phone calls and emails and gave them what info I had. I am not a saver (Receipts, packing slips, or shipping boxes). If I don't need it, it gets tossed. When it comes to items like this you read where a company stands up and takes care of you considering what you pay. In this case they didn't. I don't dislike their stuff, I still buy their items because I like it. I just think their warranty is a joke, I buy their stuff knowing if it goes south then that is on me.

In 2 years of bush whacking in socal I've had 1 warranty claim with Kuiu. A hoodie stitching starting unraveling, don't know wether I snagged it or it happened in washer etc. I sent a email with pic, next day I got a postage slip in inbox. Sent shirt and within a week had a brand new one. I think both comapanies will have a common sense warranty for manufacturer defects. I've heard people complain about them not sending new pants after they cut or tore pants, if they had a vortex warranty I'm sure they would cost 3x as much, a lot of scammers out there.

Decker9

WKR
Sitka replaced my old worn out cloudburst pants due to a broken size zip. The first pair they sent were the new updated stormfronts, but with them came a $100 duty charge (was suppose to be no charge to me), I called sitka, they said either refuse the order, or pay the $100 and keep them, and they would send the cloudbursts duty free. I ended up with 3 sets of rain pants (fixed the broken zipper myself).

On the other hand, my kuiu SD jacket, not long after buying it, it started to look like a half plucked chicken with all the down poking out. I called kuiu, and all I got was “ya they do that”.

For those reasons, I stick with sitka.

kind of funny that kuiu only lets you leave reviews on their site within a certain time frame. I tried to go back and leave reviews on some gear after a putting it through the paces for a year and wasn't able to. lots of "just unboxed, looks sick" 5* reviews on the site haha

i ordered a hat from sitka that was packaged kind of poorly so that when unpackaged it had a dent in half the crown. whatever I'm not picky it thought, it will probably wear out once i wear the hat enough. I emailed them though saying hey just a heads up you might want to revisit how you package your hats because mine got kind of smashed with how you packaged it. they replied apologizing and sent me a new one no questions asked. I was stoked.