Sitka vs kuiu warranty

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I have kuiu gear and like the fit and I want to get a synthetic insulated active jacket for high country archery season.

my friend is telling me Sitka has amazing warranty and they just replaced an old jacket with a failed zipper with a brand new one.

many one else have this experience with Sitka or kuiu?

I don't have any experience with Sitka's warranty, however I have used kuiu's warranty on a set of gaiters that were 5 years old. They sent me a new set. It would have been an easy argument to make that the damage was my fault or normal wear and tear, but they took care of me no problem with a new set of gaiters. The damage was super minor and they were still usable. I just thought I would test the warranty out and was very pleasantly surprised. Haven't had to use the warranty on anything else. Both companies have great gear and I believe both will take care of you.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I buy gear that fits a need, not what I think the warranty coverage will be like. I think you may be approaching this from the wrong direction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hogyotedeer

Banned
I have a ton of Sitka gear and absolutely love it. The layering system is pretty awesome and I feel like I'm wearing pajamas whenever I put the stuff on. They also have great customer service in that they have spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me helping me decide what pieces would work best. I also have a Kelvin vest that tore and they fixed it for free under the warranty. My 90% pant also got a tear from some barbed wire which they repaired for $30. They also threw in a free Sitka hat into that deal. That all being said, you can't go wrong with both Sitka or Kuiu. Both are worth every penny in my opinion. I can give you a breakdown of the Sitka pieces I have if that will help.

Pick the piece that fills your application best, if it's truly a warranty issue both will be nearly identical, if it's a questionable warranty issue Sitka is probably going to have a little more leeway or be more willing to take care of it. I've had good warranty experiences with both companies. Clothing wears and none of it lasts forever so replacing an old jacket with a failed zipper (depending on how old) means almost nothing to me and if I was sitka I would have questioned that but I don't know the situation either.

BluMtn

WKR
My only warranty claim was with KUIU. Had a pack waist belt come apart and sent them an email with pictures. Their response was we don't have any record of you buying it from us, so pound sand. I ask them how else I would of bought it and I was thanked for my inquiry and that was the end of the story. Sad thing is I like their stuff so I bought what I needed to put it all back together. So I buy their stuff knowing they do not honor their warranty.

tdot

WKR
I had a Sitka jacket 6 or 7 years ago that leaked, just about from new. They deemed that I had used it incorrectly, I'd primarily been using it truck hunting and hiking in it for 20-30 minutes at a time (no pack, not even a rifle on my shoulder) while my brother and I explored a new area. Apparently it was a dedicated Tree Stand jacket and not meant for any activity. No warranty.

I know anothed guy locally who had the same jacket, same result with his warranty claim.

Not sure if we both got grumpy Warranty Claim Rep's or if that entire line was crap (it was discontinued).

MJB

WKR
Update my Timberline pants are on there way home, will be here on the 8th. Less than two weeks turn around & no cost......let's see what they look like on the 8th

Stand by

Usi05

WKR
Can’t speak to Sitka but Kuiu fixed a pack for me without any questions over a broken zipper on internal pocket. I called to ask them for a replacement zipper and they told me to send it in and shipped me brand new one.

Only gripe was they didn’t have it in stock so it took like 8 weeks to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJB

WKR
So got my pants back from Sitka, repaired the hole on the seat for my Accent, and replaced my Timberline pants.
No charge, no shipping cost, 2 week turn around.
Very happy!

My only warranty claim was with KUIU. Had a pack waist belt come apart and sent them an email with pictures. Their response was we don't have any record of you buying it from us, so pound sand. I ask them how else I would of bought it and I was thanked for my inquiry and that was the end of the story. Sad thing is I like their stuff so I bought what I needed to put it all back together. So I buy their stuff knowing they do not honor their warranty.

Well, did you buy the pack from them, or did you buy it second-hand?

rclouse79

WKR
I don’t buy a lot of expensive clothing, but did get a pair of Kuiu attack pants last season. I liked them a lot, but they did suffer a large L shaped tear after I was bulldozing through some brush at the end of a long day. I figured I would give the customer service department a try and they told me I was SOL. I sewed them up and they worked fine. I wasn’t too chapped since I was abusing them. I will probably wear them until they are more thread and duct tape than original pant based on the selling price. I am just cheap though.

I bought it from them.

I'd try to keep at it. Maybe you tried this, but I'd email them the order number that came with your pack, and also send them the confirmation email and/or the shipping confirmation email that they send out when you submit your online order. Unless you ordered via phone, or picked up in person in California?

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't needed to use Sitka's CS and KUIU has been hit or miss for me. Had them tell me to pound sand on a mid-weight that pilled after 2 hours of use. Wasn't thrilled about that. But they came through on a pair of gloves where the internal fleece lining was disintegrating with use. Replaced them free of charge.

I own Sitka, First Lite, KUIU, Skre, Kifaru and so many other outdoor brands that I can't even think of them all. I like some pieces from one and others from another. KUIU's jackets perform very well for me except for long cold glassing sessions in the late season. Sitka makes amazing gear but their ascent line is my absolute favorite for early season warm weather hunts.

Sitka has been 5 for 5. Items I used and abused they replaced in a snap...no grief. But in each case I admitted it was my fault and thanked them for making the finest gear on the market. asskiss.gif