Sitka WS Kelvin Down: WOW!

TravisIN

WKR
I don’t use it a ton but when I need it I’m so glad I have it. It’s unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
This is the only down jacket I know of with gore windstopper...which is the key as it keeps in body heat like a beast.

The Chamberlain just doesn’t feel as warm as it seems it should for the weight and thickness. I’ll be cold, put it on and either stay cold or take a long time to warm up. I chose it because at that time the consensus said chamberlain was a little warmer, lighter and more packable.
I do think there is more to the wind stopper than stopping wind alone so that combined with the chamberlain not stopping wind could be the difference.

sr80

WKR
The Chamberlain just doesn’t feel as warm as it seems it should for the weight and thickness. I’ll be cold, put it on and either stay cold or take a long time to warm up. I chose it because at that time the consensus said chamberlain was a little warmer, lighter and more packable.
I do think there is more to the wind stopper than stopping wind alone so that combined with the chamberlain not stopping wind could be the difference.
i had a chamberlain for a bit too and had the same experience as you. Didnt seem very warm for how thick and puffy it is.

i had a chamberlain for a bit too and had the same experience as you. Didnt seem very warm for how thick and puffy it is.
Very interesting. I might have to keep an eye out for the kelvin and compare the two

mwh624

FNG
Very interesting. I might have to keep an eye out for the kelvin and compare the two
I own both and the Kelvin is the warmer jacket when worn as an outer layer, the Chamberlain is the warmer jacket when you layer over it.

Both are great jackets

Superdoo

WKR
Thermodynamics says the longer you can keep the cold from penetrating the insulation, there will be less intrusion to the hot side.
The wind stopper acts as an outer layer for the insulation.
If you put a light wind stopper jacket over your puffey you can achieve the same results.

That being said, I freaking love this jacket for ND winters!
The only downside is the hood isn’t removable.