Sitka's new Subalpine Camo

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Don't know about you guys but man am I digging the new Sitka Subalpine Camo. I see me spending all kinds of money on it this year. Im a huge Optifade Forest fan this is a nice mix. Cant wait till its out.

MtnMuley

WKR
How long does a guy have to wait to see the new offerings? Do the pre-order shops have intel on 2017 line up if you sign up?

I do like the new pattern but I'd be the happiest man in the world if they brought back mountain mimicry 2.0....

How long does a guy have to wait to see the new offerings? Do the pre-order shops have intel on 2017 line up if you sign up?

you can see the new stuff up on their site...we are are in the process of updating our site as well

if anyone needs sitka help or pricing just let us know...we have some great pre order specials going on now

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
you can see the new stuff up on their site...we are are in the process of updating our site as well

if anyone needs sitka help or pricing just let us know...we have some great pre order specials going on now

Mr Bean you should expand on this a bit more and tell us the specials. You are a Rokslide sponsor now you can definitely lay out the deals would love to hear about them and Im sure it would peak a lot of folks interest.

Last edited:
I think it looks awesome! Would like to see some shots of it in different areas and at different distances. I know on the site they say it's for 50 yards and closer, but I'd like to see how it looks from a few hundred yards away.

Kotaman

WKR
I think it looks awesome! Would like to see some shots of it in different areas and at different distances. I know on the site they say it's for 50 yards and closer, but I'd like to see how it looks from a few hundred yards away.

I think if you are concerned with how it does at distance, you should go with "Open Country". I'm guessing the new pattern will blob up a bit at distance. This stuff is made for timber and will be an elk hunter's dream camo. If you plan on hunting mostly above the tree line, Open Country is going to be a better option. Subalpine will be very versatile and work great for 90% of the guys out there, from early season whitetails, to moose to elk.

I'll be testing a bunch of it this spring and fall and will hopefully post some early results in June. I am going to test it on the open tundra (grizz in AK), so it should be a pretty good indication of how it does in the open terrain vs. Open Country.

I have had some for a little bit and I really like it. I wore a hat at the western hunting expo and thought everyone was going to steal it. Anyways, I found that it appears to be a very versatile camo that, to me will be good for everything but I do still think there is a place for optifade. I will put my hat next to an optifade hat in the backyard and take a picture.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I've got a great feeling about an AZ elk hunt this September so I've pre ordered all the Ascent stuff, mountain jacket and pant, and a cold weather hoody. I love those cold weather hoody's!

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
The camo pattern is awesome, the one new piece that they are offering this year that I am excited to try out is the Kelvin active jacket. Wondering if it will cut the wind and be packable, and quiet enough for backcountry hunting.

I actually got my hands on a vest a month ago and decide I needed a sleeping bag more, so I sold it. Hindsight, I should have kept it.

Attachments

• IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
ad22bfa2a9fc86148d356305018495c9.jpg
78b4583c0781eb7315726e8a73b87024.jpg
81c75405f9aeb1236624d5f06da8ea8c.jpg

Let me know if you want more. This is what I had easy access too.

Mr Bean you should expand on this a bit more and tell us the specials. You are a Rokslide sponsor now you can definitely lay out the deals would love to hear about them and Im sure it would peak a lot of folks interest.

We offer free shipping and we also offer combo pricing. just shoot me a wish list and we can price out

dont see how you dont put hip zips in your hotshot 190$ hot weather pant. new flatbill hats looks sweet though. i might get a core top to compare it with the peloton

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
dont see how you dont put hip zips in your hotshot 190$ hot weather pant.

I was able to get a good look at these at the Iowa Deer Classic. The material seems very breathable and all the pockets are mesh and set up to cross ventilate. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in September in AZ, I finally found out I did draw an elk tag.