Sitting on 9 Points in Wyoming

Still on the fence whether it’ll happen in 2020 , but three of us are sitting at 9 pts for a non-resident draw. I’ve already gotten some great research in and suggestions, but wanted to tap all you elk slayers on here for some thoughts.

Please let me know if you’d entertain a PM discussion on what would you do?

Thanks in advance -

Werty

WKR
I can't help you with any spots, I've only deer hunted in WY. If you have trepidation with going to an area, put in for a cow tag, deer tag or antelope tag. It's cheaper and you don't piss your points away.

OP
menhaden_man
Let me join your party and get general tags......lol. I'll take you to the elk!!

I wouldn’t rule that out!!! Feels like I shoulda been 2-3 times by now and here my decade ain’t worth what it was a decade ago!

cnelk

WKR
Even if you averaged with my 4 PPs, we couldnt get into where I want to go in Wyoming

robie

WKR
I'm in the same boat. Sitting in no man's land in WY. A couple points away from a few tags I'm not sure if I'll ever catch with the point creep.

Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

OP
menhaden_man
Thought I’d give this a bump in case anyone has thoughts they’re willing to share.

We’re down to three areas... only two of us now and thinking of putting in for a cow tag on second option.

Thanks

I cant I'm an FNG... but I really appreciate you putting a hand out. I'm planning my first out of state elk hunt. I put in for an area I feel like I can get a reduced price tag because the money is a little tight right now. But that doesn't mean my face isn't going to smile as big as if it was a 350 bull!