Sitting stands with puffy layers as outer layer?

EdP

WKR
I love my Kuiu Kenai hoody and wish they still made the Kenai pants but everything for insulated pants on their website now is down or fleece.

406unltd

WKR
That’s exactly what I use in MT for dec/Jan archery riverbottom. I want to go fanatic at some point but if I were going along with you and hiking I’d definitely use the puffy. I’ll hike in and sit areas for extended periods during late October and November and use my puffy for that as well. My feet are the only thing that’s makes me get up and move spots.

Lowg08

WKR
I have the kelvin hoodie original and pant. I carry them in for long pack ins. I wear a Sitka dewpoint rain suit over that to trap the heat. Believe it or not it’s no that noisy

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I wear the Kuiu Kenai on stand alot sometimes throw a vest over it but it's a perfect puffy/light jacket whitetail hunting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have used puffy jackets for years archery hunting.

Biggest thing imo is bulk and jacket fit to make sure the insulation isn’t compressed.

I’ve used uncomaghre as an outer layer and shot multiple deer but what works best for me currently in cold weather is....

Kiln hoody, north face thermoball, heavyweight zip t, jetstream jacket.

The thermoball fits me well and using it as my 2nd layer provides max quietness.

It’s just what works for me. Enough layers to stay warm but no construction of movement and quiet.

I could probably replace the north face with a kelvin active jacket but I see no reason to.

In bitter cold temps(under 20 degrees and windy) I bring sticky hot hands and throw one my chest, one on my back and I’m good to go.

For my lower semi quiet puffy pants are good for me. Sitka, FL are the ones I’ve used and I would use either and not worry.

The nice thing is I just pack in puffy jacket, pants and jet stream jacket. Keeps my pack/stand light on my back with little bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk