Six years to my first Elk!!

I'm guaranteed a General tag next year.....I'm honestly nervous about getting a shot a 600+lb bull!
I know for a damn fact that after 14 years, I'm done with buying moose points! That's for guys a hell of a lot younger, stronger & fitter than me!

Can I have your moose points :)

I've got a type-6 tag that opens on the 15th of November. Filled my general tag a few weeks ago, and can't wait to get back into the mountains and start hunting again!

Firehawk

WKR
Congratulations!!

Your lessons are similar to some of the lessons I have learned as well..."Elk are where you find them" and one of my favorites "Keep shooting until all four legs are in the air and it's tongue is hanging out".

And I will NEVER forget walking up on that first cow elk I had killed. Deep snow, heavy snowfall, tracked the herd over three ridgelines without really paying attention to how deep in the mountain I was. She turned broadside at 372 yards and I let her have it with a 160 Accubond from my 7mm Mag. She went down fast. Then I hiked around the head of the canyon and down to where she was. She had fallen into a tree and her rear end was sticking out straight uphill. I sat down in the snow and said "What have I done, this thing is HUGE". I was so grateful for good friends that day. Bailed my butt out as I was in way over my head. But it was so AWESOME!!!

The next year, I talked my brother into shooting calf within feet of where I shot that huge cow. We had learned our lesson on how hard it is to get out of that canyon. Ha ha ha.