Sixsite Gear filed for bankruptcy

TheCougar

WKR
I’m not surprised. It is already a saturated market. I stopped by their booth at the SCI convention in Dallas and they didn’t have stock of a lot of items in their booth. I was asking all sorts of questions about their fabrics and laminates for their waterproof gear and I got a bunch of blank stares. Nice guys to be sure, but if you’re going to compete in the high end technical apparel market, you’ve got to be on your A game to survive. I imagine that a lot of the “boutique” dealers of niche hunting gear will struggle to get through this. I hope they have a side hustle so they can weather the storm and come out in the black when we dig ourselves out of this hole.

renagde

WKR
I’m not surprised. It is already a saturated market. I stopped by their booth at the SCI convention in Dallas and they didn’t have stock of a lot of items in their booth. I was asking all sorts of questions about their fabrics and laminates for their waterproof gear and I got a bunch of blank stares. Nice guys to be sure, but if you’re going to compete in the high end technical apparel market, you’ve got to be on your A game to survive. I imagine that a lot of the “boutique” dealers of niche hunting gear will struggle to get through this. I hope they have a side hustle so they can weather the storm and come out in the black when we dig ourselves out of this hole.
I agree. I talked to them about 2 years ago at the Harrisburg NRA Sportsman show. They asked me what I think about their clothes and if there's any suggestions I'd make. I told them they should consider side zips similar to what Kuiu does. They looked at me like I'm stupid and said, they don't know of any other company doing that and wondered why the heck you'd want to do that. To much competition to act like that towards potential customers.

TheCougar

WKR
I know there’s a Rokslide member that works(ed) for SixSite. I can’t remember his name, but I feel for him. It’s got to suck having the rug pulled out from under you.

Poser

WKR
Looks their website and FB page has been taken down. Too bad for them and I’m sure they had a significant amount of $ wrapped up in inventory. Wonder if you’ll find their gear on liquidation sites in a few months?

I think trying to compete at the high end market as a new company is just tough. KUIU and Sitka will crush you out on marketing alone. Mid tier priced gear or “budget” offerings for customers dipping their toes in the technical gear market may be more of an appropriate angle, but even then, you better have deep pockets for aggressive marketing.

OP
gobears870

gobears870

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed for a while a lot of their stuff was out of stock online. I went to their showroom in January and one of their guys told me they were changing up some of their supply chain and they were just selling off the "old" items until everything was up and running. There was going to be a new and expanded lineup of clothing, including a lot of fitness wear and womens items. They were also about to move their showroom to a new place about two miles from my house, with a bow shop and range. I was really looking forward to it.

It’s very sad. One of my buddies went “all-in” on their complete kit. It was very functional and good quality. All their gear was made in USA. Missing a few of the frills that the made in China gear has.

First Lite, Sitka and Kuiu have chosen to partner with the commies 🇨🇳

crush the 🇺🇸 competition is what they do...

Last edited:

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
It’s very sad to see. I have many pieces of their gear and it is top notch stuff and their customer service was amazing. Plus, American made.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Sorry to hear, but on the subject of where my gear is made...I don't really care.

Does it perform?
Does it fit?
Is it priced right?
Do I get good customer service?

If those boxes get checked, I'm buying, and not checking the tag about where it was assembled. Simple as that.