Sixsite Gunnison Soft Shell Jacket

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with this jacket? A little bit pricey but its American made and seems to have a lot of features that make it very versatile. Has pit zips, two chest pockets, and a tree stand harness pass through port so looks like it could be good for hiking in the mountains in September to sitting in a tree stand in November. Wondering about wind/ water resistance, durability, and if it is too warm for active hunting. Any input would be appreciated.

Bryan87

FNG
I know this is old and maybe you already made your purchase..... but I love my sixsite stuff. The gunnison jacket is great. Haven’t been in rain but the gunnison pants held snow melt out very well. There is no “membrane” but the jacket cuts marginal wind fine. I don’t like that there is no hood so I got the thin hoodie they sell and I wear it under if needed. Really great stuff. Like I said you probably already decided to buy or not but I had a hard time finding real life reviews of sixsite stuff so I was skeptical and almost bought mainstream stuff. I’m glad I didn’t and feel good about supporting a vet company trying to build in USA.

OP
S

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback I actually just bought this jacket earlier this week since it is listed at $50 less than it cost when I first made this post. No hood is kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker since I have several midlayers with hoods. Excited to try it out hiking around next week in NC to see how breathable it is.