Size of SG Grumman pants packed?

How much space does a pair of the Grumman pants take up when packed? About the size of a Nalgene bottle?

I currently have a set of Kuiu SD Ultra pants and I love the packability, but I'm trying to decide if I should get the Grumman instead. I know the Grumman are warmer, but I don't want to sacrifice too much packability.

Nalgene is pretty close to the stuff sack that cane with my XL’s. Stuff sack may be slightly shorter and fatter

OP
cornfedkiller
Nalgene is pretty close to the stuff sack that cane with my XL’s. Stuff sack may be slightly shorter and fatter

Have you used the Kuiu SD Ultras? How do the Grumman compare?

Warmer? Bulkier? Durability?

Sizing similar?

Haven't used the Kuiu Ultra SD. I had a pair of Kuiu Kenai in XXL which were sized similar but its a tough comparison to make since they were 3/4 length. I have either had or currently have Sitka Kelvin originals in XXL which fit slightly bigger in the waist but similar everywhere else and also ArcTeryx Atom LT in XXL which I had to fold the waist on both sides and sew to make fit but everywhere except the waist fits. The Grumman fit similar with the waist modification to the ArcTeryx and the XXL Kelvins with a little smaller waist. I wear size 34 pants and my waist measures 35" at the belt line.

OP
cornfedkiller
Haven't used the Kuiu Ultra SD. I had a pair of Kuiu Kenai in XXL which were sized similar but its a tough comparison to make since they were 3/4 length. I have either had or currently have Sitka Kelvin originals in XXL which fit slightly bigger in the waist but similar everywhere else and also ArcTeryx Atom LT in XXL which I had to fold the waist on both sides and sew to make fit but everywhere except the waist fits. The Grumman fit similar with the waist modification to the ArcTeryx and the XXL Kelvins with a little smaller waist. I wear size 34 pants and my waist measures 35" at the belt line.

Can you wear the Grumman pants under your outer layer? If I'm going to be sitting for a while, I like to put my down pants under my outer pants - they're better protected that way and I think its warmer.

I assume the SG pants aren't too puffy for that?

Sorry for all the questions!

I can’t fit them under and outer pants I have or plan to hike in but I could put my rain pants on over them

junior

WKR
I cant fit them under my outer layer pants but nowadays these outer layer pants just have a slimmer fit. I wouldn't be hesitant to wear them on the outside if your sitting, they are a lot more durable than the KUIU superdown IMO. If youre up walking through brush then probably not.

Go Hawks