Size recommendation for Kuiu KUTANA STORM SHELL PANT

rcsd6x5

FNG
Considering purchasing the Kuiu Kutana Storm Shell jacket and pant set for a 7 day Archery elk hunt is SW Montana mid-late September 2022. I am 6'0 165lbs with a semi athletic build. The Kuiu website size chart recommends size Medium. My main concern is whether or not a size medium jacket and pant will actually work for me as an outer layer or if they will be too tight. Also any real world experience reviews of this product are greatly appreciated! Thank you

madcalfe

WKR
i dont have the kutana but run the yukons. im about the same size as you i run a Large jacket (have lots of room for a puffy to fit underneath) and medium pants. my pants fit good, enough room for layering, waste size is about perfect but the inseam length is 32" so there a hair shorter as i wear everything with 34" inseams. really wished kuiu made a medium tall like everyone else. i can also say the Chugach in medium pant and jacket were way to tight for me and would have to go to a large in both.

ejs21

FNG
I’m a Medium in all Kuiu gear and bought the Kutana in medium and had room for my normal pants/top and a puffy top and bottom underneath. It was snug but comfortable enough for moving around camp and while glassing

OP
rcsd6x5

rcsd6x5

FNG
i dont have the kutana but run the yukons. im about the same size as you i run a Large jacket (have lots of room for a puffy to fit underneath) and medium pants. my pants fit good, enough room for layering, waste size is about perfect but the inseam length is 32" so there a hair shorter as i wear everything with 34" inseams. really wished kuiu made a medium tall like everyone else. i can also say the Chugach in medium pant and jacket were way to tight for me and would have to go to a large in both.
Thank you!

OP
rcsd6x5

rcsd6x5

FNG
I’m a Medium in all Kuiu gear and bought the Kutana in medium and had room for my normal pants/top and a puffy top and bottom underneath. It was snug but comfortable enough for moving around camp and while glassing
Thank you!