Sizing comparison between KUIU and First Lite

edewey

FNG
Curious on sizing comparison between KUIU and First Lite.

Everything I own is a medium from First Lite and Sitka. It all fits great. I’m 6 foot tall, 168 pounds, 31” waist. I’m planning on getting KUIU pro down jacket and pants. is it safe to assume that medium would be the best fit from KUIU?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Zoso5150

WKR
Probably.
IME, Kuiu has an athletic fit, closer to Sitka than First Lite. I feel FL runs big/baggy, where Kuiu fits like an athletic brand.
I’m 5’-10” 165 and wear a Medium Kuiu down vest. Your best bet might be to call them.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I always go up one size for Kuiu. I'm a large in FL and SG. But XL in Sitka and Kuiu.

I size one up in Kuiu. They have free return shipping for wrong fit. Order both sizes and send one back has been our approach with Kuiu.
I also read the reviews of the product as they have a height and weight filter to see what similar framed people bought.

Sitka and Kuiu for me fit the same. I don’t own any FL other than some unimpressive base layers so can’t really compare the two.

I am 5’10” 155lbs and I prefer large tops/jackets and size 34 waist pants. A little extra room works better for my layering systems. I do have one early fall set that’s a medium top and 32 pant for those times when layering underneath is not needed because it’s too warm.

Last edited:
I’m a big fan of Kuiu clothing but IMO they run 1 size small. To be on the safe side and to make layering easier I always order up 1 size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I wear xl and 36 in nearly everything first lite and xxl and 38 in kuiu. I always size up

7mm-08

WKR
First Lite's sizing is very different than Kuiu's sizing. Whatever size you use in First Lite, go up one size when ordering Kuiu.

I'm happy that FL fits differently...I'm 5'8" and 200lbs.
35" waist, 30" inseam.
The other guys cut their pants and tops like you have to be an orangutan to not have the sleeves hanging down.
I wear a medium FL Uncompaghre jacket and it fits close like I want it to for archery.