Sizing question

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious- do you buy boots your actual street shoe size, a half a size larger, 1 whole size larger, etc. when you order online? I wish I had a good local selection, but I am definitely limited to ordering online.

I have had a nightmare finding the "right" size after my feet decided to grow while I am in my 40's. I have a really large selection of great mountain hunting boots that don't fit anymore.

Thanks in advance.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
thats funny you say that your feet have grown in your 40s cause i seem to have the same issue (doesnt make sense to me), i have a couple pair of boots that fit fine a couple years ago and now are tight, as far as going up a size i was told to go a 1\2 size larger but when i tried on my meindle hikers the 10 1/2 felt like a 11 so i didnt go up at all. i think lowas run small so it will depend on whar brand you are getting.

Shrek

WKR
My feet grew a half size about the time I turned 40 also . Went from a 12.5 to a solid 13 medium. It has made buying boots sooo much easier! My experience has been hit and miss. Some companies are cut large while others small. Some narrower than others. Some vary by model in the same company. Check the reviews and often they will tell you if they run off standard size. You will see lots of comments if they run narrow or small or large. Always order from a company that will exchange them if they don't fit. There should be a return label in rhe box if they are good with exchanges. Good luck ! PS I buy almost all my gear online and have had few problems. I don't get to try things on before I buy so have to send a few things back but the selection is everything made!

tstowater

WKR
I don't think that your foot "grows", but rather spreads (falls?). Same issue here, but I ended up with a wider shoe. As stated above, different boots/companies fit differently so you need to find one that fits your foot and needs.