Sizing scarpa triolet

Cockeye

WKR
I wear 10.5 wide or 11 in us sizes and I read some where when ordering euro mountaineers boots to order size 1 to 1.5 bigger than your size. I'm wondering if I should order a 44.5 or 45 thanks ahead of time.

pbcarch

WKR
I have currently narrowed down my boot search to the Scarpa Kinesis GTX pros. I am usually a size 10 but the scarpa sizing put me in a 43 to 43.5. and other companies like Zamberlan said I was a 45! My cycling shoes from Sidi (another Italian company) i wear a 45. So i was all confused what to order.
I went with a 45 to start and the fit was very nice but concerned about it being too big. So i tried a 44.5 and still very comfortable, i am now going to try a 44 and make the decision between 44.5 and 44. Will use socks to make any difference. I have been trying on with thicker merino socks.
Based upon my experience so far go at least 1/2 size larger or maybe 1 full to start.

Jimbob

WKR
I wear a 10 in keen shoes and boots, 10.5 in many others to get the width. I bought some 10 wide Lowa Tibets that fit perfect except I get toe bang when going down hill.

I just purchased a pair of Scarpa Triolet on closeout and 44 was the only size. They fit very good with plenty of extra room for my toes (I wonder if they are too long). I have not tested them out yet thought so I don't know for sure.

Daniel_M

WKR
I'm highly considering a pair of either Triolet's or the Mont Blancs. Scarpas run narrow all around and I've have great success with the Kinesis over a Lowa in a 14, where I measure a fair 13.5. Having a smaller foot, with half sizing available you may like a 1/2 size up.

OP
C

Cockeye

WKR
We going to Minnesota at the end may so I was hoping Rei will have some to try on because where we live in Montana there's no place around that would carry anything besides Irish setters which my buddy swears by.

Daniel_M

WKR
We going to Minnesota at the end may so I was hoping Rei will have some to try on because where we live in Montana there's no place around that would carry anything besides Irish setters which my buddy swears by.

I'm in the same boat, the Charmoz was the only Scarps I could find locally but the fit was practically identical to the Kinesis. Most shops are still transitioning from the winter ski season into hiking, so hopefuly I'll find a few more models.