SJK Downwind 20 and 0 Degree bags

IdahoHntr

WKR
Anybody have any experience with these bags? SJK is running a 25% off sale and you can get the 20 degree bag for under $100 right now, which seems like a crazy good deal for a 20 degree rated down sleeping bag. The only reviews that I can find are through their own website and they are all good, but I just wanted to see if there are any opinions from Rokslide members here that I know I can trust!

Idaho_BCwannabe

FNG
Classified Approved
I have the 20°. Only used it last year. As mentioned above, I would say the comfort range is around 30°. Of course, my sleeping pad was junk and has an R rating of 1. So that could have played a roll too. The bag packs down pretty good and isn't huge. Would I buy it again for the price? Yes.

KSP277

WKR
I just got a downwind 20 long in the mail today. Bag and compression sack I weighed at 2.6 lb and I really like it. Obviously haven’t spent a night in it yet but if it’s remotely a real 20 degree bag that’s the best thing goin in the sleeping bag world.

I just got a downwind 20 long in the mail today. Bag and compression sack I weighed at 2.6 lb and I really like it. Obviously haven’t spent a night in it yet but if it’s remotely a real 20 degree bag that’s the best thing goin in the sleeping bag world.

Damn that means the regular size should be under 2.5lbs.

I have the 20°. Only used it last year. As mentioned above, I would say the comfort range is around 30°. Of course, my sleeping pad was junk and has an R rating of 1. So that could have played a roll too. The bag packs down pretty good and isn't huge. Would I buy it again for the price? Yes.

Do you have the regular size? If so, have you weighed it to see if the advertised weight is accurate?

KSP277

WKR
DC6B8C9C-AE13-44BE-80D2-4ED1DFD79E9A.jpegBB70B177-9B9E-416F-8A9A-13529692020F.jpeg

Klymit pad is 76x30. Im 6’2”, 230 , even with the pad in the bag it’s not overly tight. I gotta have wiggle room in a sleeping bag.

OP
IdahoHntr

IdahoHntr

WKR
I decided to pull the trigger on the 20 degree bag as well. Even if it is only comfortable to 30 degrees, a 2.5 lb down bag for the price seems too good to pass up. I sleep really warm anyway, so I think this will be the ticket for my budget right now.

I ordered the outpost 4 tipi as well with plans to install a stove jack. Should be able to get into an all new hot tent sleep system for just a few hundred dollars. Can't beat that.

Dlgies

FNG
I’ve had the downwind zero and 20° bags for three years now and I’ve been very happy with both. Add 15° to the temperature rating and you will have the comfort rating for the bags, which is still very fair for the weight, compressed size and price. I have zero complaints about either bag and have many hours in them from sleeping in snow elk hunting at 10,000 feet to backpacking in northern Minnesota.

Hey you still have the 26in frame for sale if so call or message me 2314206777