SKB Case

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering what model skb's that everyone is using? I have been looking at their pro series cases or the ultimate small double case. The double case is around 26# (4# heavier than the pro series) which I think would be a little heavy but would be nice to pack a lot of gear when flying. If anyone can comment on these two or other models that they like that would be great! I put the links to the two I am talking about below.

Double: https://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=12&pid=213

Pro: https://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=12&pid=221

Thanks!

I would go with the double, but that is because I would not be able to fit my bow in the Pro due to width with the sight.

I would go with the double, but that is because I would not be able to fit my bow in the Pro due to width with the sight.

I can get my bow in my pro with my sight but it's tight. No chance at all of getting a quiver in there. If I had to do it again, I'd probably do the double for a hunting rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went 4719. Figured I wanted to pack as much stuff in as possible as I was likely going past the 50# limit anyways.

I have the ultimate, pulled the insert and can fit bow with quiver, arrow tube, optics, and sleep system among other things.

wayoh22

WKR
Go with the double. I have the Pro currently and just flew with my bow to TAC Utah and while I could pack a lot into the case it was tight. Managed to fit my sight(Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL) in but it was tight against the foam. Got in a water bladder, bino harness, rangefinder, binos, arrows, arrow tube, and soem other miscellaneous items.

OP
J

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies everyone! I will probably go with the double the extra 4# may be worth the extra space.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure of the model that I have but I absolutely love it. Protects my bow very well, best bow case I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
J

jrnd

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure of the model that I have but I absolutely love it. Protects my bow very well, best bow case I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Would you mind showing me a picture?

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
I went 4719. Figured I wanted to pack as much stuff in as possible as I was likely going past the 50# limit anyways.

I have the ultimate, pulled the insert and can fit bow with quiver, arrow tube, optics, and sleep system among other things.
Heavy but, I dig my 4719!

I have the SKB iseries double bow case

it is huge. 25# unloaded. It would handle one fully rigged bow with ease. Does two bows without quivers no problem.

it can also be used as a raft, in the event of a water landing.

I have used it to fly but honestly, it is too bulky to use unless I have to for driving hunts.

Desk Jockey, does that double have straps inside the case to secure the bow? If not, how do you keep a fully rigged bow with an attached quiver from flopping around inside the case during transport? ie, baggage handlers.

I have and old SKB , I have been all over the world the last 22 years . I used to take two bows a few times then stopped doing that . With the double case I would pack that thing crazy tight with clothes .

Desk Jockey, does that double have straps inside the case to secure the bow? If not, how do you keep a fully rigged bow with an attached quiver from flopping around inside the case during transport? ie, baggage handlers.

I been to Africa 15 times , New Zealand , Spain , Alaska , BC , FRANCE over last 20 years . I traveled with a double bow case , with one bow , you take your quiver off . And I never used the SKB pad that came with it . I never had a issue with my bow , never ! And I never strapped my bow down .