Skills and equipment needed for high country

So this year I did my first archery mule deer hunt, at roughly 4,500 feet. I did this in an easy to draw unit to start gaining experience and to start learning about making a camp a few miles from the truck for a few days, until that spot was blown out. I’d say for my first time out I got a grasp on how to plan stalks as I got sub 30 on 6 deer and sub 60 on a few more. 1 I had at 12 yards for 2.5 hours and another at 7. All that being said I got a feel for what’s needed but obviously my circum stances were much more mild and friendly then the high country. So what do you guys say is needed for making the jump? Like water storage, sleep stuff and tents and mostly clothing is where my uncertainty is in what is needed to make the jump since it’s much easier to get into a ton of trouble above tree line

jolemons

WKR
Plenty of gear lists on rokslide and online. Compare several pack lists and evaluate the what and why each piece of gear is in the list. You dont need to duplicate the exact gear but you'll probably need to duplicate with something that serves the same purpose. I.e gravity filter, pump and steripen are all synonymous

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on what you have to really say what else you'd need. If you camped away from the truck and didn't starve and had some close calls with deer my guess is you wouldn't need to change much by doing it at a slightly higher elevation. Depending on time of year, maybe the weather is going to be a little more unpredictable so being comfortable in a wide range of temps is helpful.

OP
WI in the west
I’d shoot for a August early September hunt, but still a wide range of temps I’d assume? I guess this might be more of a clothing question the more I think about it everything else I feel I got a decent grasp on. Or what’s a general weather description through out the hunt