SKRE Gear 2020 New product releases & member reviews

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My partner tagging out on the last day of the season.
fbe2ee03b8a40d3f13ab6c19eb6c9b37.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mule34

FNG
So excited! Mail man came to day with a package from SKRE and inside was my new Hardscrabble pants and jacket. I ordered these online to replace the Sitka camo that I grew out of. My initial thoughts are, I love the camo pattern and it seems durable enough. We hunt hard here in Montana and I will put it to the test later this year. Can't wait to use it!
View attachment 160148View attachment 160149
how do you like it so far? Planning my first mountain hunt in ID and need some good camo! I hunt hard here in SD but havent had the need for nice gear before (although it would help most of the time...haha)

Davem6869

FNG
how do you like it so far? Planning my first mountain hunt in ID and need some good camo! I hunt hard here in SD but havent had the need for nice gear before (although it would help most of the time...haha)
You won’t be disappointed! I have used both firstlite and SKRE gear. I sold all my first lite gear and have switched to SKRE and not looking back. Great deals and great quality

Mule34

FNG
You won’t be disappointed! I have used both firstlite and SKRE gear. I sold all my first lite gear and have switched to SKRE and not looking back. Great deals and great quality
Thanks for the reply, I have my cart filled with about 550 dollars worth of gear, just need to press order...haha

This camo is so far my favorite gear so far. You should definitely look into Skre's awesome bundles. They have some really good ones. These bundles are a good way to get a good deal on some of the best gear. I switched over from sitka to this and have no regret.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if they offer a military discount?
I haven't used the discount so I can't comment on the SKRE military appreciation program. Check it out and report back please
27dac584cbff487d4180b7817b80087c.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If you haven't already you should put in for the gear give away sponsored by SKRE, Hoffman boots, Base Kamp, and bow hunter club. I want to give these companies a thanks for putting this on. There is over $1,700 in value in this giveaway.
1591031586860.png

I just ordered a pair of SKRE Hardscrabble pants and they're super well-made and shipped promptly. They fit in the waist/hips exactly as advertised in the size chart, and had flawless construction throughout. Super comfortable,, with high elasticity and a soft, cozy lining.

My only issue with them (and I will qualify this as I'm a marathon runner/triathlete, so a pretty slim guy and wear hipster skinny jeans all the time) - the legs didn't taper enough through the bottom half for my liking. I like to have maybe 1" of slack the entire way down the leg, and these were far more relaxed than I was hoping. If I'd pair these with my gaiters, they would inevitably be bunched-up and it would drive me insane.

SKRE - if you're listening - please make these pants in a more athletically tailored fit, because they are absolutely awesome.

I just ordered a pair of SKRE Hardscrabble pants and they're super well-made and shipped promptly. They fit in the waist/hips exactly as advertised in the size chart, and had flawless construction throughout. Super comfortable,, with high elasticity and a soft, cozy lining.

My only issue with them (and I will qualify this as I'm a marathon runner/triathlete, so a pretty slim guy and wear hipster skinny jeans all the time) - the legs didn't taper enough through the bottom half for my liking. I like to have maybe 1" of slack the entire way down the leg, and these were far more relaxed than I was hoping. If I'd pair these with my gaiters, they would inevitably be bunched-up and it would drive me insane.

SKRE - if you're listening - please make these pants in a more athletically tailored fit, because they are absolutely awesome.
Something that may help with the bagginess down below your knees may be to were tall boots and put the pant on the outside of the boot.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Ryan.
We had planned for more solid releases this season, but it looks like we will have to wait until spring. However, we do have several new items rolling on the production line as we speak. I'll keep you updated soon.

Mule34

FNG
Just purchased the Hardscrabble pants and jacket, along with some gaiters and hat and beanie.... I am super excited to see how I like it!

Davem6869

FNG
Does anyone know what this pocket is for? View attachment 191528
its for whatever you want it to be. I kept my chapstick in it. I have also put a few little snacks in there so its easy to get a hold of. when its below freezing I put my snack bar, wafer or Justins nut butter in that pocket so it gets warm. They stay frozen in my pack. Nothing worse than trying to eat a frozen cliff bar :)

Had a fun time four wheeling and scouting yesterday. Saw a lot of animals including elk. Glad I had my kaibab shirt it was a little cold down in the canyons.20200709_122230.jpg

Thinking of ordering the hardscrabble pants for an upcoming elk hunt. Worried about how warm my legs may get hiking up and down mountains in October. Any reviews?