SKRE Gear 2020 New product releases & member reviews

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thinking of ordering the hardscrabble pants for an upcoming elk hunt. Worried about how warm my legs may get hiking up and down mountains in October. Any reviews?
With the hip vent openings on the sides of each leg the hardscrabble's will allow your legs to keep plenty cool in October no matter how hard your exerting yourself.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any one that is going to be in southern Utah during the next few days needs to stop SKRE Gear head quarters in Hurricane Utah. They'll be offering free BBQ at lunch time along with some other free give a ways. You can also get entered to win some amazing prizes in the Skre Fest Raffle. I'm hoping to head down on Friday hope to see some Roksliders down there.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
What are your opinions on the timber hitch belt? Do they flex pretty when you crouch or lean over? I'm thinking of how some stiff webbing belts or leather belts won't budge when you reach down for something or lean over. Do they slide much or come undone? Do you guys like the buckle?

Sorry if this was covered already. I didn't see it if it was.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are your opinions on the timber hitch belt? Do they flex pretty when you crouch or lean over? I'm thinking of how some stiff webbing belts or leather belts won't budge when you reach down for something or lean over. Do they slide much or come undone? Do you guys like the buckle?

Sorry if this was covered already. I didn't see it if it was.

Coming from the military I've used lots belts of similar design a ton. I haven't had the buckle on the timber hitch loosen at all while wearing. The buckle is stout but still thin design and I've had some pretty heavy pack loads over it without it rubbing. The webbing is pretty stiff but not really that thick so I'd guess it would bend if needed. I've worn this belt a bunch and never needed it to bend like that. I did a review when i got so I'll try and dig it out for you. I'm not home or I'd do some testing for you right now.

In case you guys didn’t know, Skre has been putting out new clothing, like their new hat and jacket 3E4C0328-2EAF-4468-B3A1-7E0AA20335B5.jpegB6818EA9-C2B7-4388-B78B-0B04A0701F34.jpeg

Noticed a few other new pieces listed on their site today. Glassing mitts, short sleeve 150 base layer, 150 long sleeve crew neck base layer and merino socks

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Rdcheney

FNG
46CDAACD-9695-4444-8EBF-0D2582C6B294.jpeg60023ACC-6B89-4B99-A106-5FAA095BC33B.jpegRan skre gear for last years bow season in western New York and Pennsylvania. I really couldn’t be more impressed with the quality and customer service with skre gear. Perfect for the new mobile archery hunter. Is there any plans on adding packs to your lineup? I’d love to see a pack with the mobile tree stand hunter in mind!

MNMatt

FNG
Just ordered, pretty excited to get the gear, thank you for the reviews & feedback!

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now is s great time to pick up a SKRE Gear bundle for 20% off.
2517868bacc0a035a8e6400cccdb7fb5.jpg

I love the new early season hat from Skre. One thing that I really like about it is it doesn't have the button on top it was replaced by velcro. I hope to see Skre come out with a patch or something for that.image.jpg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love the new early season hat from Skre. One thing that I really like about it is it doesn't have the button on top it was replaced by velcro. I hope to see Skre come out with a patch or something for that.View attachment 205218
The button was removed so when the hat is worn under shooting muffs there's nothing pushing into the top of your head. Works great too.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you guys see this awesome SKRE Giveaway? Click the link -->HERE and enter to win a SKRE Lost Peak Jacket.

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
Which system would be comparable to the first lite catalyst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's highs of 95 lows of 60, it's hot out here. Thankful for some well thought out early season gear. Seen plenty of bucks just waiting for it all to come together
cc20e8846ca8aa4c06850695a5d74488.jpg

3b123f265ac6421d2d7de9136dd76eb1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which system would be comparable to the first lite catalyst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Singleshot I'm not at all familiar with the the catalyst system. Looks like it's a heavy soft shell for later season.

@skregear could chime in on thier favorite recommend system for those conditions.

My opinion is that SKRE only offers a single softshell option -- the Hardscabble jacket and vest. The Kodiak pants are a great pairing with the Hardscrabble upper set. Down side is you'll need to add some mid layer insulation to equal the catalyst system but a slightly less insulated outer shell should provide a more versatile layering system over all adjusting for warmer or colder temps with your other layers.

hntr

FNG
I received my SKRE Elite Starter Bundle yesterday. I was honestly blown away. My buddy and I are getting ready for a September elk hunt in Colorado, we've been stressing about gear a lot lately. Seems every time we think we have it figured out we end up returning everything upon delivery bc it didn't live up to the quality in the description. Then I came across SKRE bundle sale. I can honestly say this gear is pretty well just as nice as my fathers Sitka gear. The best part is it is probably 40% cheaper than Sitka, FL, etc. I encourage everyone to give SKRE a try. The only thing I think is off is the sizing, but no biggie just order up. I am generally a L-XL guy, In the hardscrabble pant and jacket I am switching to XXL. Like I said though, that isn't a big deal.