SKRE Gear 2020 New product releases & member reviews

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the Lost Peak Jacket during Utah's muzzle loader season mid Sept. Lows were in the mid to upper 30's and the highs well it just plain got hot and didn't take every long.
The Lost Peak was a perfect jacket i wore pretty much every morning hiking to my glassing spot. It packed down small in the pack and is considerably lite wieght which is really nice since i was carrying it more than wearing it.
58e20f31df8ea6892ddfcbd7970c912b.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
These guys customer service response times are insanely fast. I'll be giving them a try just based on that fact alone.

We went hunting the other day. It was about 28 degrees with a wind. I wore my Skre Hardscabble top and bottoms with my Kiabab 150 tops and bottoms. I stayed plenty warm and still had a lot of movement. 8A80CCD5-A16D-4936-B4F9-BF09B07DA2A9.jpeg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SKRE announces that they will be discontinuing the original Mtn Stealth pattern and bringing something new to the market in 2021.
d9105eaca12a2d36966f6ef442a546b5.jpg

JPD350

WKR
I would like to thank SKRE for sending me a pair of their Accelerator merino wool blend socks to check out.
At first sight I was a little surprised at how thin the socks were, I just thought they would be a little thicker, they were a little thicker in the toe and heal areas.
20201109_135404.jpg
You can see the area in front of the ankle is very thin, probably not a big deal but I was surprised at how thin. When I first put the socks on I felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all........
20201109_135653.jpg

I normally wear a very dense merino wool sock in my hunting boots, I feel the cushion of a dense sock helps my feet feel better at the end of the day

After wearing these SKRE socks all day I can say that they are a very soft and comfortable sock, it wasn't super cold the day I wore them but my feet were noticeably toasty. I will have no problem and will enjoy wearing these socks but they probably won't replace my other hunting socks.

Thanks again for these very comfortable socks!

Last edited:

Northpark

WKR
So shout out to Rokslide and SKRE for the new accelerator 200 socks. I received them yesterday and first impression is that I probably need more of them. Soft, excellent cushion, perfect fit. I would say the first time putting them on was “heavenly”. Taking the kids on an overnight camping trip today through tomorrow. I’ll be wearing them doing some hiking. Will post an update when I get back

Got my new accelerator merino wool socks from the give away out in the field today. Hiked 5 miles to my trail cams and man are these socks comfortable! Tight to the feet but not so tight they cut off circulation and warm 24 degrees out today and had just some thin muck style boots on and by the time I got back to the pickup my feet were starting to get cool as I expected being as I had no insulation in my boots. Very impressed!

jolemons

WKR
SKRE Accelerator socks -

A thinner blended sock with mapped medium light padded areas under foot. At first glance they seemed well constructed and like an ideal warm weather hiking or everyday wear boot sock. I wore them on a 3+ mile hike today under a light weight approach boot while wearing a 35lb pack. I typically wear a thicker cushioned merino sock. The SKRE socks worked well in my approach style boots that don't have as much volume as a hiking or backpacking type boot. After the hike I noticed that they wicked moisture well and were not damp. I would have preferred slightly more padding in the heel and ball of foot areas. These will be great for work, everyday wear and light hiking. One benefit is that they didn't sag as much as many of my dedicated hiking style socks will. This could be due to a tighter woven areas around the top of the sock.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
Yup the SKRE accelerator socks did well on our weekend camping trip. Wore them all weekend and the stayed feeling fresh. Excellent cushion for such a lightweight sock.

Accelerator Wool Sock review:

I haven't had a chance to push the limits of an extended backpack hunt, but wore these socks exclusively (1 pair) for four full days hiking and stand hunting. They were my first pair of "premium" wool blend socks and I am totally impressed with the comfort. On day 4 they felt as fresh as new, and my feet were noticeably drier and in better condition than the socks I currently wear, a wool blend with minimal wool content. My feet sweat more than most I know, (I try to change my socks at least once a day while hunting) and these socks seemed to keep my feet drier and cleaner. After 4 days of continuous wearing, there was NO stinky feet smell, proven by sticking them under my wife's pillow! She also tried them on and was impressed at the "newness" of the feel and smell. I was very surprised and impressed by these, and I can weed out a bunch of my sock drawer. Great product! I am excited to use these on my backpack hunts next fall.

Sal552

FNG
This is a great shirt it wicked all the sweat away from my body and keep me dry. The weather we were in it was cold in the morning and warm when the sun was up. Two thumbs up from me.
a1d9c43966235c5583cb37fcfdb065b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SKRE just started their Black Friday Sale. If you have ever wanted to try our gear or had questions about it, now is the time. This is the biggest sale of the year. All items are 20% - 50% off including all bundles at 25% off. Check it out at www.skregear.com.
1606274932388.png

Last edited:
Got my new accelerator merino wool socks from the give away out in the field today. Hiked 5 miles to my trail cams and man are these socks comfortable! Tight to the feet but not so tight they cut off circulation and warm 24 degrees out today and had just some thin muck style boots on and by the time I got back to the pickup my feet were starting to get cool as I expected being as I had no insulation in my boots. Very impressed!
Just as excited to try out my new socks. I ordered them yesterday. Can’t wait to get them.

Felix40

WKR
I posted a quick review on the Bridger mitts here:

They are some great gloves. Very warm and more than an ultralight glassing mitt. Very well made too.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Felix40 thanks for a solid review on the Bridger mitts.
I agree that these are more than just a glassing mitt. They are plenty robust for what they wiegh, and the shell blocks the wind well. The leather palm and fingers is pretty grippy and holding on to something as been a non-issue which was a upgrade over the chopper mit I used prior to getting these.

fbe66c1c4f083aff05251bf7dc97ddb3.jpg

Last edited: