SKRE Gear 2020 New product releases & member reviews

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any update on other solid color options and when they'll be available?
@skregear is there anything official yet?

My understanding is that Covid interrupting production on everything any other color options took the back burner in favor of getting everything else back in stock before hunting season. Possibly looking at adding some colors again late this holiday season but more than likely not until early next year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Something that I would like to SKRE change about the kaibab 170 too is to add a thin hood. This would help to keep the sun off your head and neck. 683DEB2C-CB0F-42CC-9B35-5D24A5CA6D2A.jpeg

Something that I would like to SKRE change about the kaibab 170 too is to add a thin hood. This would help to keep the sun off your head and neck. View attachment 208385
You should give SKRE a call and let them know what you would like to see. When I bought my first bundle I was missing a pair of pants so I called them to let them know and spoke with Mike. They apologized and drop shipped the pants that day (had them two days later). While on the phone, Mike asked me to call back after the season to give them a personal review and give them my take on what they could do different. After the season I called back and spoke to Mike again and gave him my thoughts. He was very open to what I had to say.

love the hardscrabble pants, looks like the merino T will be a good warm weather addition. something I never had was a merino T

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here you guys go. Everyone needs go check out SKRE Gear's newest give away opportunity for Rokslide members -->SKRE Gear giveaway #2

Rokslider's here is your opportunity to be one of the first to receive the Kaibab 150 merino wool short sleeve shirt.

bac34f90fe419ce95c7bd653d36710b8.jpg

Warm hunts are tough enough, which is why we created the Kaibab 150 SS crew. The Kaibab 150 was designed as a core layering powerhouse for early season hunts. Whether you are sitting a stand or sprinting to intercept your quarry, the Kaibab 150 thrives in warm weather by recruiting its natural merino fibers to manage moisture allowing you to stay cool, dry, and fixated on success. . Additionally, we utilize a core-spun process by spiral mating merino fibers with synthetic fibers for enhanced memory and durability.

Mule34

FNG
I just recently purchased the Hardscrabble pants on jacket. I have put quite a few miles in the pants at around 80 to 85 degrees. I was able to keep them vented and was happy with they way they felt. I am taking these to Idaho in a few weeks and will put them to the test. I think they are solid and I am happy with the purchase!

stonewall

WKR
As part of the free gear giveaway, it’s my turn to follow up on the deal by posting my first impression of the lost peak ultralight jacket.

In short, I like it a lot and I certainly recommend it.

I wear a Large in most clothing. This large fits me perfectly and weighs 15.6oz. The fabric has plenty of stretch and is quiet. The hood turns with my head - it doesn’t have drawstrings, nor does it need them. The 3 pockets are in good locations and all have zippers. The bottom of the jacket does have a drawstring, but I’m not sure it’s even necessary.

I’d call it an “athletic” fit. There’s no excess material, nor is it small. However, if you’re a person who likes baggy clothes then maybe size up. I expect the stretch in the fabric will move with you just fine. I haven’t shot my bow with the jacket on, but I expect it won’t be an issue.

As far as application - I see myself using this for deer hunting in Texas. The mornings and evenings can be cool and this will take the chill off and tuck away nicely in the backpack. The jacket will also do well for September elk. I don’t do much late season hunting, but I could see it working as an extra layer.

If there’s anything I missed or if you have any questions please let me know. I can also post photos if you need to see something up close.

This is a video of my actual very first impression...As in I just opened the bag first impression...

rjID

FNG
I have had good luck with my skre gear as well... amazing customer service!

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never did post up a trip report from the early season archery hunt i did in the West desert of Utah. Spoiler alert it was hot!!
8083d6b8c6581ff52d3a236a1bfd4b3b.jpg
9ecdecf21b12c4def3e9cae65989f5e4.jpg

Lots of climbing high and glassing hard. Did i say it was hot out yet? High 90's into the hundreds a couple days too.
I wore the Kiabab 150 long sleeve and Uinta pants every day. They kept the sun at bay yet were still cool enough for all day glassing sessions.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@raptor16 sorry it's taken a while but did squeeze test on the timber hitch belt. It's 1 3/8 wide and pinching it with a pretty good effort i could bend it to about 3/4 so about roughly half it's width.
c8e38843f721693386175a5379b6ca30.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk