SKRE Gear Founder

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Roksliders I wanted to formerly introduce myself. My name is Mike Nielson. I am the original Founder of SKRE Extreme Mountain Hunting Gear.To say I’ve love the hunting Community would be a gross understatement. Hunters are my people, and I’m grateful to be associated with a tribe of individuals who stand for conservation, the second amendment, and the preservation of public lands and the future of hunting.

A little about myself. I grew up in Utah and currently reside in southern Utah with my wife Lisa and our six kids. If you were to walk into SKRE HQ, or my personal home you would immediately know that I’m a mule deer Aficionado. I love chasing giant mule deer, but have been blessed to hunt other critters all over the Rocky Mountain West, Midwest, Alaska, Canada,Africa, Mexico and many other destinations. I consider myself to be a regular guy who would share a campfire with anyone who loves to talk about hunting. For those that know me well, also know that I came out of the womb as a hopeless gear junkie. I’m fascinated with hunting gear, and have spent two decades discovering ways to make gear better. I've have specifically spent the last 5 years building SKRE Gear. It has been an awesome journey.

SKRE gear was born out of the Rocky Mountain west and forged with the commitment to craft hunting apparel with zero compromise in quality, and performance at a responsible price. We also provide world class customer service, a no hassle lifetime warranty, and a sizing guarantee where we pay for all return shipping until your sizing is correct. We recognize hunters have many great choices in technical hunting gear, and we acknowledge and commend our competition for also creating exceptional gear.

If you are looking to build out a new layering system this year, and have previously worn some of the top brands in the industry, we challenge you to give SKRE gear a try. Maybe you need to fill voids in your current layering system. Regardless of whether you build out an entire system or buy one piece, we are confident you will be impressed. We are currently offering an exclusive discount to Rokslide members so be sure to enter discount code: Rokslide15 at checkout.

AT SKRE we use all custom proprietary performance fabrics on all our offerings with the exception of our Merino Wool. All merino Wool offerings are 17.5-19.5 micron Merino Wool which is classified as ultra-fine merino wool; the finest grade of Merino Wool available in the hunting apparel industry.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and I especially hope a few Roksliders drew a few good Tags. This is just a few highlights of who we are as a company and what we have to offer to hunters who demand hunting gear that checks all the boxes. Should you have any questions, shoot me an email at [email protected] or throw it up here on this thread for all to see. I'm terrible at checking my PM's,
Be sure to Check us out at www.skregear.com

All The Best
Mike Nielson
SKRE Founder

Last edited by a moderator:

Broomd

WKR
Have dealt with Mike, he's good people. I got sent an extra SKRE jacket by mistake and I sent it back, Mike promptly sent me a really slick SKRE tee as a token of thanks.
It's already a fave of mine.

Texizona

FNG
I've been very impressed with the SKRE items I've purchased so far. It's a comforting thought to know I can easily exchange items if I purchased the wrong size.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I need a new jacket. I'm familiar with the sitka lineup but haven't been able to check out any skre stuff. What sitka jacket is the hardscrabble comparable to?

Pgohil

WKR
I've delt with both Mike's at SKRE. Stand up guys. A-Z. Awesome customer service, and a damn fine product. Great company to deal with.

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Pgohil

WKR
They are good! I've ran mine for a year now and they do a good job for me.

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
I need a new jacket. I'm familiar with the sitka lineup but haven't been able to check out any skre stuff. What sitka jacket is the hardscrabble comparable to?
Ratbeetle

The Hardscrabble is very similar to the Jet stream Jacket. I use the Hardscrabble for about 90% of my hunting. It's an awesome"go-to" type jacket and is always in the truck or in the pack. This jacket is fleece lined which is bonded to our MTN-X ultra-quiet face fabric. Other features include; dual chest pockets, dual pit zips, storm hood and dual cord locks for full adjust-ability at the waist. Let us know if you have any more question. Happy to help!!!

Buzby

WKR
I’ve been checking out the site skre line up. Looks quality. I’d like to see some solid color options.

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been checking out the site skre line up. Looks quality. I’d like to see some solid color options.
Buzby solids are currently in the works and will be released very soon in some of our more popular offerings..

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
NEW GEAR!!!!!!!

Happy to report that we have a few new items set to release very soon.

New Technical Pant. This pant is geared toward later season hunts with a ton of features.Stay Tuned!!!

300 GSM Merino Bottom: The Kaniti 300 GSM Merino Hoodie has been a favorite with our pro staff and customers alike. The 300 GSM Kaniti Bottom will be available this fall and will pair nicely with the Kaniti Hoodie.

New Products we are currently developing. Keep in mind we don't have an official release date on these items.

-Ultralite Micro Grid-fleece Full Zip Hoodie. If you hunt early in the back country where weight is always a consideration your going to love this piece.

-Gloves: Working on a few new glove offerings for early and late season application.

-Several Merino wool offerings: In case you didn't already notice, we are Merino wool Aficionados and have several new offerings in the works including our new Core-Spun Merino Series.

Travis907

WKR
SKRE

Great to hear you have new gear in the works. Any idea if you will be producing a merino boxer brief?
I just purchased your gaiters and can’t wait to try them out this fall on my WY mule deer hunt!
Thanks

Side story: I sent SKRE a customer service email a little over a year ago about my order and Mike called me personally and escalated the hell out of my order. 10/10 customer service with this outfit.

Wearing their Merino again this fall. Very happy with it.

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Travis
SKRE

Great to hear you have new gear in the works. Any idea if you will be producing a merino boxer brief?
I just purchased your gaiters and can’t wait to try them out this fall on my WY mule deer hunt!
Thanks
Travis, we are currently prototyping Merino Boxer Briefs, Stay tuned!!!

Pgohil

WKR
Side story: I sent SKRE a customer service email a little over a year ago about my order and Mike called me personally and escalated the hell out of my order. 10/10 customer service with this outfit.

Wearing their Merino again this fall. Very happy with it.
Agreed, I bought into the skre system last spring, and I've had nothing the positive experiences with it. The customer service has been great when I had a small issue. Stand up guys. And great high quality products.

PGohil
WV