Skre Gear

Zhewitt04

FNG
I am going to order some new merino wool and insulated jacket and pants from Skre. They have a 20% off sale right now and that is pretty good. My question is does anyone know if this is the best they do all year? Do they run better sales than the current 20% off? Secondly and maybe the most important how does everyone feel about there clothing. I have read good reviews and post on here but wanted any other input.
Thanks in advance

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Good gear and a top notch outfit to deal with..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
30% off all bundles until tomorrow night. 20% is the top end of the usual discounts I see.
88555911a59288b8cd594afea81e0352.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I have their merino wool 300 gram shirt and its very good used it this year without any complaints. The hard scrabble vest, jacket and pants are excellent. Their puffy jacket is really warm I love it for late season hunts, it goes on every hunt. I just bought the Kodiak pants in summit pattern and they are very well made but I haven't had a chance to wear them yet. If you ever need the customer service you wont be able to find anything to complain about. I lost my return shipping label and it was two months later (busy at work) and they exchanged my pants for a different size. With free shipping.

OP
Z

Zhewitt04

FNG
Nice! Thanks everyone I seen the 30% off bundles... I am buying the merino 300 set, kodiak pants and 850 hooded jacket.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve tried several things and the worst thing I can say is running small. Everything is well sown. Their merino stands out, excellent feel, doesn’t stretch out, some of the stronger merino I’ve used.

OP
Z

Zhewitt04

FNG
Thanks guys. I live in Indiana and set in a stand. I am going to Idaho in November on a mule deer hunt. What would be best for both? The merino 170 or 300? Thanks.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 170 is more of a wicking base layer while the 300 is a lot thicker and warmer but takes longer to dry. I've worn the 300 as a stand alone base layer but my personal preference is over a base of 170. Also the 300 is a blend so the 170 at 100% merino is softer feeling not that either bother my skin.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
For stand hunting the 300 bottoms and Kodiak pants are a great combo for less than 30*. Depending on temperature it's going to be warm maybe to warm for heavy hiking. I personally hiked a bunch that combo but it was all day hunts where I always had a place to dry out if I sweated them up. This was late December and January where the temps were low twenty's and less.
The 300 hoody is my go to I wear it almost everyday of the season early or late typically over the 170 base. I personally don't sweat it out like I can the bottoms and it seems to dry out from body heat if I layer over the top. Let me know if you have more questions I'm pretty experienced with SKRE gear.

I was just on a dall sheep hunt in Alaska. I took their first generation rain gear. I'm not sure how they call it rain gear as it soaked through in about an hour of a medium rain. I was very disappointed with it

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Farmerlentz that just sucks glad it didn't entirely ruin your trip. I was just curious of the response.
I have the generation 2 Nebo and it's rated equal to most upper end packable rain gear at 20k for 24 hours. I've used it for the last two years but never had more than a few hours of substantial rain at a time but it's yet to leak though on me. I probably use it more to block the wind when early morning glassing than anything else, the plus side of living in an arid state.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
I was just on a dall sheep hunt in Alaska. I took their first generation rain gear. I'm not sure how they call it rain gear as it soaked through in about an hour of a medium rain. I was very disappointed with it

@Farmerlentz Please give us a call at 435-703-9901. We want to learn more about your experience and why you got wet. We have made improvements from the first generation rain gear, but regardless you should have never got that wet. We will make sure to take car of you.

m_willis

FNG
Did SKRE help you out @Farmerlentz? I've been really impressed by their customer service, especially compared to some of the more popular major brands out there.

hunterjmj

WKR
Bought some Skre merino and the ptarmigan this year and very happy with the purchase. It was windy all season and the 300 base layer and ptarmigan kept me warm in 7° + wind. I love the ptarmigan so much I basically wear it every day now. I'm going to get my wife one then I'll probably have to buy a dedicated hunting one. I've never owned a puffy and it's hard to believe how something so light can be so warm.
The merino base layers are warm, really well built and fit great.
I run several brands and Skre is right on par with the other top brands.

Broomd

WKR
Another huge SKRE fan here...kudos for quality gear and best-of-the-best communication and sales staff from purchase to delivery.

I recently received a Black Friday order and I was reminded why I like them so damn much. Just a quality outfit all the way around.

Last edited: