SKRE gear?

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Hey. I'm looking at getting some premium clothing for hunting. I've been thinking about SKRE. From what I've read people like em, but theres not a whole lot out there. I'll mainly be doing treestand hunting, but next year I'll be going to probably Colorado for elk. Seems like their customer service is top notch, but kuiu and first lite seem to be much more popular. Anyone know why in particular, or just a bigger fanbase and more recognition? Thanks!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skre is a much younger company. All the stuff I’ve tried has been quality. Again, a younger company so they don’t have the vast selection as the bigger names. They have some features that kuiu and firstlite use [hip vents on the pants, zip off base layer(solace pattern only)]. Check out their YouTube channel, they have some catering to tree stand hunting. Also great people to talk with over the phone.

I bought a complete bundle 4yrs ago and I am still using it today. I bought the Nebo Rain Set and Ptarmigan Puffy after the fact. I think the stuff is top of the line. I am kind of down on FL right now due to quality issues with pants (which I know they are working on), so I am rocking my Hardscrabble Pants and Jacket each time in the stand. I wear the Merino Base layers under to keep me warm and pending on the temps, sometimes is just the merino and vest. I wouldn't change it at all. I am also a fan of solids, and that is where I have migrated to Kuiu for some of my gear as well. I really don't think that you will be disappointed in a commitment to that, plus their VIP sizing is worth it right there. I had to ship things back a couple of times until I found the size that worked best for me. There are some good reviews on here is you 'search' Skre gear.

Steve1662

FNG
Just spent 8 days in CO wearing the Hardscrabble pants. No complaints other then the front pockets are bit hard to get your hands into. Really liked the functionality of the front thigh pockets and the fact that thorns didnt penetrate when breaking thru brush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

j33

WKR
Take a look at the classified ads before buying, the resale on SKRE is no where as good as Kuiu, Sitka, First Lite. I’ve bought all my Kuiu and Sitka stuff on sale and anytime I changed my mind (which is a lot) I got almost what I paid.

I’ve got two SKRE jackets they are good no complaints from my end. I would buy them on heavily on sale or used again, never would pay near prices on the website.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought their complete rain suit. Stood out in a torrential downpour and it was quite and I stayed dry. So far I'm impressed with the quality and the sizing is pretty true to size

JMalmy

FNG
I think I am going to return my stuff. I like how they feel on the outside, but I’m not sold. My hardscrabble pants fit, alright. The front pockets are basically useless. The waist fits decent but right below I’m having a tight fit and from the sound of it, that’s just how it is. Legs are fine. A little baggy for my liking. 300gram is very warm, haven’t decided if I’m keeping those tho. Haven’t received my hardscrabble jacket or 150gram merino set yet. I appreciated the 20% off for the bundle sale, but overall, I’m a little disappointed. I’m new to the “hunting gear” world but between hiking and backpacking I have a decent amount of outdoor gear. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt because they’re so new, but idk. Already requested a refund on the 1/2 of the order that’s back ordered. We will see how it goes.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at the classified ads before buying, the resale on SKRE is no where as good as Kuiu, Sitka, First Lite. I’ve bought all my Kuiu and Sitka stuff on sale and anytime I changed my mind (which is a lot) I got almost what I paid.

I’ve got two SKRE jackets they are good no complaints from my end. I would buy them on heavily on sale or used again, never would pay near prices on the website.
There is also tons of the the Kuiu, sitka and first light items listed for sale each day. What does this mean? People are not satisfied with their purchase.

I particularly love my SKRE gear. I think it is great gear at a much discounted price from the ones listed above. you also cannot beat their sizing guarantee. I have a few of their pieces, and will continue to built my gear list with SKRE. They offer many sales. i got my stuff at 40% off and it is their most recent pattern.

OP
S

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to thank everyone for their input. I've thought heavily about kuiu, first lite and SKRE, and I think I'll go with the last. I have yet to see a negative review about them, not that I've seen too many about kuiu or FL, but they're also more expensive. I also think SKRE has a better camo pattern for mostly hunting the midwest with a few trips out west. Thanks again!

j33

WKR
There is also tons of the the Kuiu, sitka and first light items listed for sale each day. What does this mean? People are not satisfied with their purchase.

I particularly love my SKRE gear. I think it is great gear at a much discounted price from the ones listed above. you also cannot beat their sizing guarantee. I have a few of their pieces, and will continue to built my gear list with SKRE. They offer many sales. i got my stuff at 40% off and it is their most recent pattern.
Resale on SKRE isn't good, no different than any other of these new brands. Like I said picking it up on sale like 40% is the way to go, just like you did. I'd say you can get 50% of what you pay new (full priced item), whereas Sitka/Kuiu/First Lite you can get up to 20% of new for in demand items.

I got 65% off the old pattern Hardscrabble jacket, so yeah no brainer in my mind. You can see 25% to 40% off the 3 main brands in the offseason, so 30-50% off SKRE and I get interested.