SKRE Ptarmigan in the Outlet

Deputynrc

FNG
Just grabbed the SKRE Ptarmigan on sale for $147.50 in the SKRE Outlet! Older camo pattern but for 50% off who cares.

PTARMIGAN ULTRA DOWN JACKET (MTN STEALTH)​

OP
Deputynrc

Deputynrc

FNG
I have this puffy and absolutely love it!!
I have been waiting to get the KUIU Super Down Pro but the price tag just keeps me from pulling the trigger. I was on the SKRE website to buy the Ptarmigan when I just happed to notice the outlet. Couldn't pass it up for that price and all the specs look pretty close.

bruno59

WKR
Been using that puffy for years very warm and light that price is a great deal might have to pick up another

Runs a little small to me. I normally wear a large and got an XL. Same with their hardscrabble jacket I had to have XL.
Mind sharing your height, weight, and build?

I’m a large in just about everything. Though large tall is what fits me best usually.

lonedave

WKR
Runs a little small to me. I normally wear a large and got an XL. Same with their hardscrabble jacket I had to have XL.
I was curious as they say "Athletic Fit" and I wouldn't necessarily call my shape "athletic" at 5'-9" and 185#. I usually wear a large, but was thinking of ordering an XL for that reason.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd give them a call they have great customer service. I also would size up as I wear mine over the top of everything except a hard shell.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I need another puffy like I need a kidney stone, but I have wanted to try one of these for two years. Can’t pass it up.

Going to order a size up. Just went through all the reviews and probably 2/3 that mention sizing say to go up. A few said it fit true. Nobody said it fit big.

Felton

WKR
I’m trying to reason myself into buying one. But dang how many puffys does a guy need in South Georgia 😂

Mind sharing your height, weight, and build?

I’m a large in just about everything. Though large tall is what fits me best usually.
Sure 6’3 185-190. I also like to layer so would rather have a tad bigger. XL fits me great with some room for layering. I never tried a large but it would probably work with no layering. They also have a great sizing exchange if needed.

Last edited:
Sure 6’3 185-190. I also like to layer so would rather have a tad bigger. XL fits me great with some room for layering. I never tried a large but it would probably work with no layering. They also have a great sizing exchange if needed.
How’s the length? My biggest pet peeve with clothing is when it is too short.

I’m 6’ and around 190ish so if it isn’t too blousy on you, an XL should be gtg for me.

Thanks

How’s the length? My biggest pet peeve with clothing is when it is too short.

I’m 6’ and around 190ish so if it isn’t too blousy on you, an XL should be gtg for me.

Thanks
Arms are perfect for me. The jacket is a tad short in the front if I’m being super picky and if there was a tall I would probably get it but I didn’t notice it at all on a trip. I really like the fit and have room for layering a light and heavy merino base layer no problem but the jacket doesn’t feel bulky in the front. For 50% off I don’t think there’s a better option and their service is great.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arms are perfect for me. The jacket is a tad short in the front if I’m being super picky and if there was a tall I would probably get it but I didn’t notice it at all on a trip. I really like the fit and have room for layering a light and heavy merino base layer no problem but the jacket doesn’t feel bulky in the front. For 50% off I don’t think there’s a better option and their service is great.
They did add some length to the jackets in the last couple years so depending yours "maybe" the older design. That said they have kinda a cat cut where the front is shorter than the back for sitting situations

They did add some length to the jackets in the last couple years so depending yours "maybe" the older design. That said they have kinda a cat cut where the front is shorter than the back for sitting situations

Awesome that is good to know! I like the fit for sure and am very impressed with Skre overall. Very solid gear!

lonedave

WKR
Talked to Connor @ SKRE this morning and he convinced me to get a large based on the sizing for the Eddie Bauer downlight 800 coat that I have also. I had it in my cart, but didn't complete the order for a couple of hours. In between, I got a text from them giving me an extra 10% off....that sent me to the "complete order" button!