Skre Review

I hunted CO 1st rifle and wanted to give Skre Gear a shoutout.

I used most of their system and was very impressed. I’ve always been a hunter who picks random camo to keep it somewhat affordable so using almost all Skre was amazing. When Skre had their Mountain Stealth last year I had to give it a go.

We had melting snow and the Nebo rain gear was incredible. I was surprised at how abrasion resistant it was. It fit perfectly over all my layers and the zip pants were very nice. I also liked how big the hood was.

The hardscrabble jacket was perfect using the pit zips and I basically wore it 24/7. No complains with the jacket.

The hardscrabble pants had so many pockets I used for random items I wanted to keep handy. Next time I would get the tall size.

The Puffy kept me very warm when glassing. I was impressed with it. I think their new puffy has more down.

The Merino 300 hoodie was my favorite piece so warm yet I could wear it all day. Only complaint was hoodie was really tight around my face so I used my Nebo hoodie more.

The merino 300 and 150 base layers are what I used back and forth and they were warm. I saw their newer ones have zip offs which would be nice in the future.

The deadfall gloves weren’t quite as warm as I hoped but the Glassing mitts were extremely warm. I really enjoyed the dexterity of these over mittens. Liner gloves with these mitts were an awesome setup for me.

To summarize I really was impressed and like how Skre makes it easy for someone like me who has never had a system to build a system. This was my first time putting the effort to build a system and it really made the experience more enjoyable. Hope this helps anyone looking for Skre. So far It was a good investment for me.

-Kyle

Klbeeks

FNG
Are the zip off off base layers on the website? Looking under whitetail gear I guess I didn't notice them? Would also like to speak with someone from the company on more detailed questions.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are the zip off off base layers on the website? Looking under whitetail gear I guess I didn't notice them? Would also like to speak with someone from the company on more detailed questions.
Yes all the bottoms are now zip off.

Did you try calling customer service about your questions?
c4bb84b05860c73e2994dfdfb5327cc3.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

stonewall

WKR
I would check with them first. They said something to me about have a run with them and would have them again soon. I’m paraphrasing. But at the time I was trying to order some and they weren’t available at that time