Skyair vs paratarp

seaner9er

FNG
So I keep coming back to the paratarp. I have owned this shelter a couple of different times and this last time buying it I vowed I was going to stick with it. It’s a little small but it does the job and you can’t beat the weight. Last month I had it out in a thunderstorm and it performed great. no water inside....but the bugs found the shelter as well. Not a deal breaker but annoying.. I have looked at the skyair and can’t really find bad reviews online about it. Anyone have any experience with it? Is it as strong as the paratarp? Wind/water resistant? when I look at it, it just doesn’t seem as tough....but that mesh looks nice! Thanks in advance

I’ve got/had both. I tried the SkyAir in Idaho this year for a week. It’s a great shelter. I really liked the bug net. The small footprint of the SkyAir is what I liked best about it. I felt that it was plenty strong although I can’t really attest to any severe weather. My only complaint of the SkyAir was the height. It’s kind of short and I’m a small dude to begin with. Honestly I’m selling the SkyAir because I like my Supertarp the best of all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk