SLDMTN 2020 Hunt Compilation - PIC HEAVY

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let's kick this off with the gnarliest trip I've ever done.

Step 1: Drive non stop to the mountains avoiding other people so we can still claim social distancing.

0DOw1eK.jpg

Step 2: Ski until you bump into the locals.

DwrwSFc.jpg

s42UO4a.jpg

Step 3: Set camp and catch some zzzz's.

iBRInoj.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been prepping for this trip all winter and it did not disappoint. All said and done we skied a little over 100 miles in 8 days. The temps ranged from 5-25 F during the day and down below zero at night. With windchill there were several days that felt far colder.

Tent: Hilleberg Nallo 4 GT
Sleeping Bags: Marmot CWM
Stoves: MSR Dragonfly and MSR XGK

Worn gear was a complete mixed bag of all our warmest layers. My personal favorite was the North Face jacket I brought. It is the warmest coat I've ever put hands on and it made all the stationary times bearable.

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Epic!! That's how you kick spring off for sure.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It’s a precursor to a much larger undertaking hopefully in the next year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
Biggest challenge I’ve had to date between the temperature and the effort. No question about it.

Impressive effort, no doubt.

And right on cue, I'm opening the MGM website again and thinking about my Encore dust collector....🤔

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Impressive effort, no doubt.

And right on cue, I'm opening the MGM website again and thinking about my Encore dust collector....

I threw a M-Carbo trigger kit in it and that made a huge difference. Pull went from 4+ lbs down to around 2 lbs. The bipod has been a sweet little addition as well.

I'm only slightly jealous. My spring ski tour got "social distanced" all the way down to a day trip this year.

If you need any tips on how to find that caribou closer to the road next time, I'm happy to help. :D

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm only slightly jealous. My spring ski tour got "social distanced" all the way down to a day trip this year.

If you need any tips on how to find that caribou closer to the road next time, I'm happy to help. :D

Where’s the fun in a close caribou?