SLDMTN 2020 Hunt Compilation - PIC HEAVY

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Scouting for Aubrey’s draw tag has begun.
413d98bcfa4048f43a35b0a3683d7e87.jpg

c2f099f19ccdd9eeb3bb32c914e99c6c.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another night another flight.
7779bed9a622095be5af2d62f7b74e03.jpg

Target ram.
ccf0d0b73a48b91a369189fa9d5f8671.jpg

Backup ram.
01d802b773688d8b7f65223805ce7d0f.jpg

Bad medicine.
e9a36037b9db42cd8de5c4d37fc86870.jpg

slick

WKR
Always look forward to seeing your pics. Congrats on the ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Really like that black plane. I assume it's a super cub from the looks of it? Is it yours or a charter service?

Last edited:
OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really like that black place. I assume it's a super cub from the looks of it? Is it yours or a charter service?
Yep it's a PA18, guy that owns it is a third generation guide up here. He bought it as a frame and rebuilt the entire thing. It's somewhere north of 180hp and performs like it.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Yep it's a PA18, guy that owns it is a third generation guide up here. He bought it as a frame and rebuilt the entire thing. It's somewhere north of 180hp and performs like it.

I'd love to go fly up there someday. Plane in my profile picture is a PA12 with PA18 flaps, tail, gear, and a 150hp motor in it. Just a little bit heavier and a little bit roomier than the 18. Totally different in AK, but we do have quite a few small grass strips scattered across the NW part of AR in the Ozarks.

I bet you've spent your fair share of time riding in different bush planes hunting up there!

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to go fly up there someday. Plane in my profile picture is a PA12 with PA18 flaps, tail, gear, and a 150hp motor in it. Just a little bit heavier and a little bit roomier than the 18. Totally different in AK, but we do have quite a few small grass strips scattered across the NW part of AR in the Ozarks.

I bet you've spent your fair share of time riding in different bush planes hunting up there!

Those 12’s are a great plane. Quite a few of them up here, no surprise.

The deal with my wife is that when the kids are out of the house, I can start flying myself. I’m hoping to pick up a frame before too long and start rebuilding it over the next few years. If money was no object I’d have a 180 and an 18. My opinion the best combo possible up here with both those planes.

Just a warning, once you fly up here you’ll be ruined.

OhKMEcQ.jpg

Last edited:

Kaleb W

FNG
Thanks for the photos and stories! Haven't been able to get out in the mountains yet so I'm living vicariously through you guys. Nice work as always :)

Kaleb W.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Those 12’s are a great plane. Quite a few of them up here, no surprise.

The deal with my wife is that when the kids are out of the house, I can start flying myself. I’m hoping to pick up a frame before too long and start rebuilding it over the next few years. If money was no object I’d have a 180 and an 18. My opinion the best combo possible up here with both those planes.

Just a warning, once you fly up here you’ll be ruined.

OhKMEcQ.jpg

I love the paint scheme on that bad boy. I'll have to get up there and if it does ruin me I guess I'll be moving. Need to get up to Idaho first. It's supposed to the best back country flying in the lower 48. Which would you rather have? Super Cub or the 180?

What other hunts do you have going for the year?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love the paint scheme on that bad boy. I'll have to get up there and if it does ruin me I guess I'll be moving. Need to get up to Idaho first. It's supposed to the best back country flying in the lower 48. Which would you rather have? Super Cub or the 180?

What other hunts do you have going for the year?

Such a tough call. If I was flying all through raising my kids, definitely a 180. Hauls four and does it way faster than a cub. As a guy starting to fly after the kids are out of the house, gotta say I’m leaning cub. I’ll have more time and for my intended use it should better fit my needs.

My daughter still has a primo sheep tag to fill and wouldn’t you know it, I need a cub pilot. After that we’ll get into moose for a bit and then likely a trip into PWS for goats and fall black bears.