SLDMTN 2020 Hunt Compilation - PIC HEAVY

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you recall, a guide got our initial target ram before we could relocate him. When I tracked him down in the field to verify that it was the ram we were after, he seemed very apprehensive to share info with me and extremely reluctant to let me talk to the hunter. His worry was that I was going to be a jerk and start drama over a non-res shooting "our sheep". That's just not my M.O. Reluctantly the guide let me talk to the hunter, so I shook his hand and made darn sure he knew that his guide was a BA to put him on that once in a lifetime ram. After finishing with the hunter I came back to the guide, who was much more relaxed, to chat for a bit before parting ways.

Later back home, the above guide heard I was having issues finding another pilot to get back in. He took it upon himself to reach out to a pilot who knew the area extremely well and vouched for us. Then he put me in contact with the pilot for another flight into the area. Solid move man, solid move.

That needed to be said because credit is due. Now back to the regular pic heavy content:

Zero excuses now, time to show out.

jsSzgE9.jpg

PykydPR.jpg

UUzhbCT.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
We pushed up into good country and set camp for the night. The next morning things happened fast...

rJJOyFS.jpg

IsvxO1M.jpg

Rokslide was onsite.

IrvcXfK.jpg

As was the Hobbit Rifle.

7f4uETm.jpg

Time to get heavy things moved.

sC51tYK.jpg

Pyro Putty is pretty legit even with wet alder.

nMYDE98.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been telling her how amazing same day tenderloin is and it finally came together with us having time in the field!

B8t01vF.jpg

Coffee was a bad bad idea for an already excited 11 year old...

eRjMWxo.jpg

Two of the best hunting partners a guy could ever be blessed with.

ksu1FRO.jpg

uiL0mBk.jpg

Down we go.

PNuzWbS.jpg

The old man needs a new pack something fierce.

34Ue34u.jpg

Out we go.

BJdXdQV.jpg

2019 >>>=====> 2020

blNxzzw.jpg

jwatts

WKR
Dude, congrats to you and congrats to Aubrey. Keep it up. I'm living through you for the next 3 weeks til I can get in the woods.

TXCO

WKR
That mass is incredible! Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
Way to do parenting right! Congrats again.

What a stud, What did he end up scoring if you don't mind me asking? If he was one of the Cali's we typically hunt I'd guess mid 160's.

Congratulations again Kyle, and those are some wonderful pictures to boot. thanks so much for sharing. Did Aubrey get a little kiss from her rifle scope?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Way to do parenting right! Congrats again.

What a stud, What did he end up scoring if you don't mind me asking? If he was one of the Cali's we typically hunt I'd guess mid 160's.

Green score came to 161”. You were real close!

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations again Kyle, and those are some wonderful pictures to boot. thanks so much for sharing. Did Aubrey get a little kiss from her rifle scope?

Yep, no denying who shot that ram!

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick rip into the hills for a billy. My cousin flew me in and stayed for the hunt. This is the single toughest animal I’ve ever come across. His will to live was beyond anything I’ve ever seen.

745d6e96c58de597e7548a7df00ef332.jpg

This bad dude went 48-5/8” gross. Debatably he’s between 8-10 years old. Once the rings stack that tight it’s anyone’s guess.

cf1ab55a8983b1ac03bfc4c05e8c50a1.jpg

4cfea79bf382ac01fa15c7f7fcc04047.jpg

Last edited: