Sleep fitness and supps in the Backcountry

I’ve used Tylenol pm and ear plugs. I hear everything while camping. I use cbd at home and will probably pack it this next year.

FlyGuy

WKR
Earplugs! That’s the secret for me! If not, I hear every single rustle of leaves and twig that snaps and will just lay there listening to it and wondering what it is that’s making that noise. It also helps with Your hunting partner’s snoring.

You can’t cheat the mountain

2nd the earplugs.

ZInc/Mag/Vit A supplements will not help you get to sleep like melatonin will, but definitely help you stay asleep and sleep more soundly. The dose on the bottle says take 3 but even 2 gives me a hangover feeling the next morning so I just take 1.

Not a problem when just taking it on a hunting trip, but as soon as you augment your body’s natural melatonin production by ingesting it, your body will stop producing as much of it on its own. Just like insulin, testosterone etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1967marti

FNG
Low dose melatonin (1mg) works wonders for me. The sell even lower doses than that, but a simple pill cutter will turn your 1mg tabs into a smaller dose for less cash.

adaptablesurvival

Lil-Rokslider
I use ZMA, both at home and out in the field. It usually takes quite awhile for it to kick in for me, so I usually stack it with melatonin or a GABA supplement. When I go that route, I'm usually getting tired around an hour or so after taking it. I generally have a difficult time going to sleep at home, but find it easier to out in the field. Granted I don't sleep the whole night straight through, but I tend to get half way decent sleep. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Thing I notice in the Backcountry is that a lot of times I don’t necessarily feel like I’m sleeping, but I feel fairly refreshed, recovered and even energized the next day. It’s like my brain stays a little alert all night and I’m not quite sure if I’m asleep or awake. I noticed that I had similar type sleep on the night I got back home and then I was able to resume my normal deep slumber. I think it probably takes me 10 or so nights to fully adjust to the Backcountry and be able to sleep the same way I do at home. The exception is being completely, utterly and absolutely exhausted.

gleitzj

FNG
I think the sleep doctors say that any sort of medication typically just gives you fake sleep and your body doesn't recover as well. You are better off resorting to a more comfortable sleeping pad/system?

tdot

WKR
Try Gravol. No side effect in the morning and quite an effective sleep aid. Dr. recommended.