Sleep pad

Hey guys I’m searching for a new sleep pad and wanted to see what you guys recommend. I currently have a thermarest (not sure which one other than green?). I’m looking for something that’s slightly wider but still about the same weight. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I’m searching for a new sleep pad and wanted to see what you guys recommend. I currently have a thermarest (not sure which one other than green?). I’m looking for something that’s slightly wider but still about the same weight. Thanks

Xtherm

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Apollo117

WKR
+1 for the Neoair xtherm. I use the regular for all four seasons. It sounds like you'll want the large.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider

What conditions are you planning on using it in and what's your price range?

The Klymit Insulated Static V Lite is a great pad. It's got an R value of 4.4 which makes it comfy down into the low teens and usable down to zero degrees F, it's pretty light at 19oz, and at 23" wide it is slightly wider than most other pads which tend to be around 20" wide. Also, it's pretty affordable at around $90 compared to the xTherm at $150 or the Exped Synmat also around $150.

I used mine this season with and added a closed cell foam pad underneath it because we were getting into the teens with lots wet snow, and it was amazingly toasty and comfy too.

OP
TKvamme183
Thanks for all the feed back, I’ll do a little more research on the ones you guys suggested!

GotDraw?

WKR
Buy an xtherm and just be done with it,

You can't beat the warmth or weight. You also won't ever have to lug around or sleep on two pads when it's in the teens or below- you will be warm. I love my xtherm I have used many other pads before. Get the wide pad. The little bit of extra you pay for an xtherm is chump change when you realize how friggin cold it outside and how warm your are in your bag and how warm your pad is.

JL

REI orange pad with 4.7 r value, or klymut insulated one mentioned above. Mine is the camofire version and works good. I'm a side sleeper and did not touch the ground.

How do you guys stay on the x therm. I had an x lite and I mise well not even pack it. I hated it. Was always off of it.
I love the klymit for comfort but not sure it works that well with a quilt so I'm on the search again myself.

Apollo117

WKR
How do you guys stay on the x therm. I had an x lite and I mise well not even pack it. I hated it. Was always off of it.
I love the klymit for comfort but not sure it works that well with a quilt so I'm on the search again myself.
I have always been able to stay on my Xtherm. I don't move very much when I'm asleep though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Apollo117

WKR
I'm a tornado
I saw a pad in the Classifieds that has an interesting modification. The owner dabbed patches of seam sealer on the surface of the pad so his sleeping bag wouldn't slip as much. I haven't tried it but it seems like it would work.

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
I sleep on a Klymit insulated V luxe. Its wide, its warm, its heavy. I've learned that I do NOT want to spare weight on my sleeping pad. If you dont sleep well you don't hunt well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk