Sleeping bag cover

Jotis

WKR
Has anyone made a sleeping bag cover. Looking for a breathable waterproof cover

I haven’t made one but I use a mil surplus goretex outer cover for mine and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t made one but I use a mil surplus goretex outer cover for mine and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used one of these for over a decade. Great but HEAVY. Mine is close to 2 pounds. Still rides in my truck kit but doesn’t get hauled into the woods much.

I swapped for a SOL escape bivy. The $50 breathable one, not the cheaper emergency version. It is 8oz and works nearly as well except it doesn’t have a full length zipper. Probably a semi disposable piece of gear. If I got a couple of dozen trips from it I would be satisfied.

Next step up for me is an OR Helium bivy. About 1 pound and just as good as the GI version. Actually a little better with support and bug netting. This gets hauled along anytime I am in a tarp and there is a decent chance of wet weather.

I made mine out of 1443 tyvek. Soft, light and quiet. Going on 3 years with no issues. Folded it to length, put tyvek tape on one side and a tarp zipper on the other.
4a39b4624b3a1b299fc90cdc772151f7.jpg

wseidel

WKR
If you're interested in the SOL Escape Bivvy, be sure and check out the 2GoSystems Trifecta V3. Much better in terms of versatility (sleeping bag cover, emergency bivvy, tarp and thermal blanket). I just purchased two and will have one of them in my backpack for emergency situations during hunting season and in the car at other times in my go bag. Hope this helps...

https://www.2gosystems.com/