Sleeping bag fitment question

I bought a Nemo zero degree bag. Regular size. I have spent hardly any time in mummy bag but if I zip my self up I cant move at all. If I put the head cover over my head it gets really uncomfortable.
I’m 5’9” with boots on. I weigh 220 but my wife says I’m built like a tree stump.
I really struggle with jackets fitting etc. I typically fit in nothing athletic cut because there so tight in my arm pits.
So back to the bag. Are they supposed to be tight tight or did I buy the wrong bag.
Lastly I see they make a longer one but it’s not wider. So doubt it will fix my issue.

Thank you.

mlgc20

WKR
The sleeping bag is not supposed to be tight. Not only is that uncomfortable. It can also compress the insulation and reduce the bags effectiveness. The long version will typically be wider as well. So if you’re close, the long will likely do the trick. Although, the extra length will be less thermally efficient since your body has to heat the unused space. Western Mountaineering makes a couple of bags that have a bit wider profile without being longer.

I`m sure its not what you want to hear but it seems your bag is to small. I went the Western Mountaineering route so I could get a bag wider in the shoulders. I would bet other manufacturers do the same.

Im close to your build, I hate mummy bags. I use a 10* backpacking Quilt in wide , its has plenty of room allowing you to sleep in any position

Im 6’2. 325#

To say the least, sleeping bag are a challenge. I found 80” wide bags helped a lot(I’ve got a Klymit 0*, BA Anvil15*, Whiskey Park 15*)

I’ve always been intrigued with quilts due to my side sleeping/tossing, but have been afraid of a drafty backside

Brian, El Coyote went above and beyond!!!! With measurements provided, and few simply questions… they’re making me a custom XX-Wide/Long quilt…for $435!!!! Couldn’t be more excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
If you feel the bag is too tight for you to be comfortable you probably need to have a roomier bag.......I do not mind a tight bag because I make it roll around with me...seems to me some folks have claustrophobia issues when it come to sleeping nags. You can work that out with a good plan and time/effort.

I knew I needed a bigger bag, when I would develop cold spots on elbows/shoulders(no loft) when the bag would become tight on these areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
Western mountaineering sequoia might be an option for your cylindrical azz. Their bags are “differential cut” as well. Meaning the inner lining is slightly smaller than the outer so if you do get snug it doesn’t compress the insulation.