Sleeping bag for a giant

Hello,

I'll cut to the chase:

I am 7', my weight fluctuates between 285-295. I need help finding a good sleeping bag. Stuff is very hard to find for me, with that said, I don't mind spending money on quality gear. Also, any recommendations on a sleeping pad would be great.

Any other big dudes have success with finding stuff that works?

Graves14

WKR
I am nowhere near your height but I would consider contacting one of the smaller companies like Enlightened equipment or Hammock Gear and see if they would be willing to make a custom sized quilt for you. A quilt will be easier to scale than a sleeping bag and I bet it wouldn't be that much more expensive than a standard quilt.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for

sneaky

"DADDY"
Western Mountaineering makes 7' bags across most of their models. You can find something that fits your needs. Buy once, cry once.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The sleeping pad, on the other hand, will be much tougher to find that is anywhere near long enough for you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am 6’3 it use a 6’ pad. I build a pillow out of my pack aNd other items at the top of my pad. You migh be able to do the same with a long pad.

JohnB

WKR
I have no insight into sleeping bag advice but prior to owning a NeoAir style pad I would use a 3/4 length Prolite and pile pack and clothes at the bottom. That's probably a little harder with the NeoAir pads since you'd need a 2.5" pile vs ~1". Large NeoAir pads are 6'5" so it would only leave about a foot or less where you need "filler" They are also 25" wide instead of 20" like the standard pads.

Marble

WKR
I would give the bigger companies a call and see what they'll do. I wouldn't be surprised if they could make one for you.

I'm not sure about western mountaineering, but Kifaru does do a few things that are not on their website. As in larger sizes.

Can't hurt!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Brushhawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'6" 225 and made it work for years in a standard long mtn hardware mummy bag. I upgraded to an extra long 7' terralite w/ overfill and its worlds apart. Finally have room to side sleep and comfort is a new word in my vocabulary.

WM is real good about custom work. Id see if they'd do a 7'6" bag in your case. Also boarah bivy made a custom bivy to fit my bag. Turned out awesome. Well made and they're super accommodating w/ custom size orders.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You're only 6" taller than me.......but it's hard enough finding stuff even for my size. Are you looking for packing in, or a truck camp? For packing in I use a quilt and a long Xtherm pad, but that's only 78". I hate mummy bags, but my rectangular bag for truck camp is 80"x36". Not sure what it would cost, but I'd try to find a company that will custom make one for your size. I'd want one at least 86" long and I'd go even a little wider.....like 40". Us tall guys seem to like our space. We need that room when we bend a leg while sleeping. (y)