Sleeping bag help

Kshusker

FNG
Looking at my first backpack sleeping bag. What is the weight I should be looking at?? I found a big agnes 15 degree that is 3# 10 oz. would this be a do all sleeping bag for fall and late spring? Been reading quite a bit but could use a little direction from those that have done this before. Thanks in advance.

Looking at my first backpack sleeping bag. What is the weight I should be looking at?? I found a big agnes 15 degree that is 3# 10 oz. would this be a do all sleeping bag for fall and late spring? Been reading quite a bit but could use a little direction from those that have done this before. Thanks in advance.
Check out enlightened equipment quilts, IMO a lower temp quilt will be more versatile and less weight. There’s a ton of great quality stuff out there that’s just what I use and I love it. I have a 10 degree Combined with the Nemo tensor alpine ive run the thing in single digits in November in Colorado (not particularly enjoyable with any kind of equipment) and ran it summer nights and don’t over heat.

OldGrayJB

WKR
A 15 degree bag is great for your first bag. Very versatile. I think my Mountain Hardwear Lamina 15 weighs 3lb 1oz. Some of the high end down insulated bags are lighter and more compressible. Stone Glacier advertises their 15 deg bag at 2lb 3oz. The more you spend, the lighter they get.

OP
K

Kshusker

FNG
Budget is a tricky one I would say around 200 I have found some used for under 150. I don't know what I don't know if that makes sense. I have an old cabelas sleeping bag I have always used when tent camping or antelope hunting by the truck. Have looked at a big agnes lost dog 15, kelty cosmic 20. both just under $200.

Aaronpaul14

Lil-Rokslider
Have you checked out outdoorvitals.com?

Not sure on the quality but seems decent.

I’m also in the search for a “smaller” warmer bag/quilt.

*zap*

WKR
#1- establish the actual temp rating you want and then research how the brands temps rating actual stack up in real life.

#2- establish fill material that you want, down or synthetic.

#3- establish what length and widths will work for you based on your experiences sleeping in a bag.

#4- that will narrow it down and then I would try to find a good quality used bag which meets your criteria's which should save you up to 50%.