Sleeping bag liners

Vandy321

WKR
Looking at a liner for my new bag...clean and moisture wicking is the intent, not primarily to add warmth.

I also travel alot for work (well, before COVID, I did!) And spend about 1/2 the month in hotels. Something clean and comfortable to crawl in inside hotel bedding would be great.

Seeing prices from $40 to $100

Have seen Rab, Sea to Summit and WM so far.

Leaving towards the S2S as its 100% ripstop silk and is machine washable, they also have an 88" x36" version with stretch panels on side and a hood for pillow placement.

Just wanted to see what the rokslide had to say.

Last edited:

tdot

WKR
I've slept in silk liners a couple of times, both backpacking across Europe and trying to add warmth in a 3 season sleeping bag. I basically hated every night in them. I dont know if silk is an acquired taste, but I just felt clammy and uncomfortable no matter how I was setup. Slept much better in simple cotton liners.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I never use a sleeping bag without a liner. I have a Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner that I have used for years. I really like it. My wife has a Coolmax liner that is heavier but it is really soft.

Tick

WKR
I use a cheap S2S poly/cotton liner. Very comfortable and keeps bag clean. Heavy compared to the silk but haven't been able to convince myself to change yet.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Just decided to pull the trigger on the silk S2S...found it on sale at backcountry for $65 today, from near $100 full price.