sleeping bag question

WTDII

FNG
hello all

What if yalls opunion is a good light weight bag for backpacking that is not a mummy style sleeping bag?

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
If you hate mummy bags for confining nature of them, i just picked up a Sea to Summit Explore II 25* down bag. It is technically a mummy because it has a hood but it doesn't feel like one. Itt is so roomy you don't feel like a sausage in it. Testing out the temp rating for me this weekend while it is still cold enough.

I picked up a Riff and tried it on yesterday. I got the long and its still a little more confining then i'd like. I also don't like the hood. Any good bags for a side sleeper that has to sleep with an arm above him, under head? Quilt?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you want to spend the $$$ western mountaineering makes some models of their bags that aren’t so tight, I got a badger but the sequoia looks good too.

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Nemo Sonic - had the same debate and was going between the WM Sequoia and the Nemo Sonic. Got a good deal on the Sonic and I love the bag. I can't remotely do mummy style.

bow puller

Lil-Rokslider
I like the size/weight of the Big Agnes Mystic and Blackburn bags. I love backpack hunting, hate mummy bags and the long size gives me plenty of room to not feel claustrophobic.

Mosby

WKR
hello all

What if yalls opunion is a good light weight bag for backpacking that is not a mummy style sleeping bag?
A quilt is going to be the lightest and packable non mummy bag available IMO.

sont5413

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a Riff and tried it on yesterday. I got the long and its still a little more confining then i'd like. I also don't like the hood. Any good bags for a side sleeper that has to sleep with an arm above him, under head? Quilt?
Mind pm'ing me your height/weight? I am 6'0 175 and am trying to decide on a reg or long in the riff 15

Blackbird

FNG
I use a wider fitting mummy style bag all year long. During the warmer months I unzip it and use it as a quilt and adjust accordingly as the weather changes.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
For quilts check out Katabatic, Underground Quilt Company, and Enlightened equipment.
I've used my 15 degree UQC quilt down to single digits with base layers and my puffy. Not something I'd recommend. I consider 20 degrees about the lower limit for a quilt but I toss and turn a lot and get drafts.