Sleeping Bag Reco Needed

I bought mine from Amazon because of the ease of returns. I was worried about it being to small of a bag and having to return it. Im pretty sure BlackOvis sells them too. GoHunt didn’t have the Sequoia as that was my first place to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skierhs

WKR
I’d look to see if backcountry.com has the bag your looking for. In the next month when rei releases their 20% off coupon backcountry does the same (at least they used to) and that would be my first choice to see if it happens to work out if your not on a time crunch.

MtnMuley

WKR
I side sleep, toss and turn, and have to have an arm up. I bought an EE quilt and absolutely hated it. Did tons of research. Money wasn't an option. I went with a Montbell Spiral Downhugger. Couldn't be happier. If you're on a budget, I'd go with a Nemo. They're on sale now for $340 as well .

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
If you're on a budget, I'd go with a Nemo. They're on sale now for $340 as well .

That's a pretty good deal. No budget though. I am holding out for a WM or a Kifaru Slick Bag. Its hard to find a negative comment on the WM. And why I might go with the Slick Bag is just a synthetic thing vs the down thing. I am not sure I want to baby a down bag. Whichever I go with, will be in a bevy anyway just to keep the pad, bag and me in one place. Even the EE quilt sucked in that space too. Maybe a WM will be protected enough inside there. That is my only concern with that no-budget bag.

MtnMuley

WKR
WM are great bags, but so are several other high end bags. I've never understood how they'd be better for a side sleeper that needed room, than any other bag of that style.

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
WM are great bags, but so are several other high end bags. I've never understood how they'd be better for a side sleeper that needed room, than any other bag of that style.

I have been thinking the same thing about all the bags. All the bags look like I will be put into a sleeping position where my arm will be at my side instead of above my head. I try to sleep in other positions, but always end up on my side and arm above my head.

Bosbourne

FNG
My wife swears all I do is toss and turn. I sleep on my side when I’m not doing that. The Nemo riff 15 was one of the best purchases I ever made. I’ll be buying another shortly due to the fact my golden retriever decided to chew my first one up.

OP
CiK01

CiK01

WKR
New question from me (OP). You guys running down bags, what strategies do you use to keep clothes dry when you get caught out in the elements before making camp at night. Fire? Stove? I remember a night in September when the temperature got down low enough for a rain/sleet mix. I never got dry enough from the fire and froze that night just using a quilt and clothes.

Can you dry gear out in the foot box if you are sleeping in your base layers with a good, low temp bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk