Sleeping Bag Repair

Last fall my son was heating up a burrito on our small bbq in he wall tent and inadvertently placed the lid on his moms mummy bag not a real nice one just 0 degree agnes none the less the next day looked like it snowed in the tent. Anyone know of a way to repair the holes? or anyone that does a permanent job.? I saw one place in Seattle but wasn't sure if worth it.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rainy Pass Repair in Seattle does an excellent job! You could also pick up a roll of tenacious tape and patch the hole yourself. Tenacious tape is about $5 and is completely waterproof and windproof.

Yeah, I can vouge for the quality work that Rainy Pass does but its not cheap. I had two small tears in a Western Mountaineering bag that I paid $125 to fix.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
My recommendation on something fairly small 3x3 range as this happened first to my buddy with his new $600 WM bag this year on his first outing I could not stop laughing what is a friend for but I did have supplies to patch as the lovely plumage floated around the tent. This little kit from rei is for sleeping but works on sleeping bags many sizes patches and glue. Then just because I laughed at him my $600 down bag touched the stove on another trip I laughed at myself my bag is a decade old so has a patch or two I had not replenished my repair stuff but did have tenacious tape along it did not stick very well to the bag material from montbell so when got home got out the glue and all good. Things happen stoves burn our ultralight gear super easy and I’m fine with a patch quilt bag👍This kit also works very good on synmat padsD4331A3C-22A2-42DC-8678-E1D89523F10B.jpeg9307A9A6-5FBD-42C8-96E6-2A732CC6860E.jpeg