Sleeping bag

EvertJan

FNG
I live in BC and I want to do backcountry hunts in September. I need a sleeping bag around 400 dollars which is still warm in -10 degree weather (yes even in September it gets that cold) and is compact and easily packable. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Thanks EJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are in Canada, are you meaning Celsius? If so, there are some decent options. Fahrenheit, not much with those options at that price.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Stone glacier Chilkoot 15. Little over your budget but I love mine.

Quality is good, I would say on par with the other top tier brands. Admittedly there were some loose threads ( we called them Irish pendants in the military ). As for it not being properly filled, never had a problem in the three quilts and two bags I have purchased from them. Now the down can and will migrate in the bag but that happens in all down bags unless they have totally enclosed baffles. Which would double the weight of the bag. It is pretty easy to redistribute the down. To give a reference as to the their quality my 14 year old son has laid claim to the first quilt I purchased. It’s 4 or 5 years old and he uses it almost daily in the colder months as a throw blanket around the house. He is in no way gentle with it even though I tell him if he ruins it he has to buy a new one. So far it has held up really well, the only damage I can find is a small hole where the two sides join at the start of the foot box. About the size of a pencil eraser.

I just looked at their website. HOLLY CRAP!!!! The prices have really skyrocketed. When I purchased mine I got the -15* long for $305 now it is $530 . I still think they are on par with the other top tier brands but unfortunately they are priced up there also. I still recommend them but am really glad I got mine when I did.

Lando

WKR
I have heard good things about the Canadian based Taiga bags: