Sleeping Bags for big guys

Capra74

FNG
A buddy of mine is looking for a bag for his brother in law. 20 degree bag that will fit a guy who’s 6’5” and 250. Doesn’t need to be anything too fancy, will be used a few days a year.

ODB

WKR
Try LL Bean. They are the only bags I’ve used for over 30 years. 650downtek is good stuff.

Big Agnes encampment long or long and wide. It's what I use. It's synthetic fill. He'll need an insulated pad to go with it. It's pricy but worth it. If he's on a budget, REI sells wide and long bags with similar specs. I can't speak on quality of the REI bags though.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
Both my son and I use the Teton Elk Hunter sleeping bags for Base Camp. Plenty of room for my son who is 6’7”.

Nemo Disco. I picked one up a couple years ago and love it. I'm tall but not really wide. I just move around a bunch in my bag so that why i love how big they made it, but it's perfect for a bigger dude. The water-proof toe box is REALLY awesome for all the tall guys that understand the struggle of your feet against the wet tent wall all night!

hcaudle

Lil-Rokslider
Big Agnes park series. I’m 6’1”, 230, and have 6 or 7 inches of extra length in the Summit Park. It’s also very wide, just like sleeping under a comforter in your own bed.

Beendare

WKR
Your buddy is a tad bigger than me.

The gold std IMO for a big guy is the Western Mountaineering Badger....those rarely go on sale

Feathered friends makes a wide/long bag thats excellent

He might want to look at the Montbell 800fill stretch bags....good time of yr to buy them as they can be found for as much as 40% off. Though not the quality of the 2 above IMO.....I have 2 and they are very good. The long fits my 6'4 perfectly and they move with you- not so restricting.

nickstone

WKR
Your buddy is a tad bigger than me.

The gold std IMO for a big guy is the Western Mountaineering Badger....those rarely go on sale

Feathered friends makes a wide/long bag thats excellent

He might want to look at the Montbell 800fill stretch bags....good time of yr to buy them as they can be found for as much as 40% off. Though not the quality of the 2 above IMO.....I have 2 and they are very good. The long fits my 6'4 perfectly and they move with you- not so restricting.
Do you know some places currently having sales? I wasn't able to find much.