Sleeping pad cover

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone who sleeps with a quilt use a cover for your sleeping pad? Maybe I'll get use to it, but right now it just doesnt feel right sleeping on a bare pad. I feel like I need a cover for the pad, just not sure what to use. I'm using a hammock gear economy burrow quilt on a nemo tensor wide pad.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have a cover for my pad, but I've definitely found I'm more comfortable wearing a t-shirt with my drawers or long baselayers top and bottom depending on the temps. I have a sea to summit pad now, but the feeling of just about every pad I've used has bothered me; it really only affects my torso though, i don't notice it at all on my legs.

I'd rather use something I'm already carrying rather than bring along a single-use item. You could probably throw something together out of a light sheet or take an old and/or inexpensive XL or XXL baselayer top and slide it over the pad if you were inclined though.

andy57

FNG
Yes I have plans to have my wife sew up a lightweight sheet as a envelope style cover sheet combo for pad. I hope it will work out

Funny, I literally haven’t even purchased a quilt yet. Waiting to find the right deal. However I already have plans to make a Tyvek ground cloth/sheet combo. It will function to keep my pad centered on my ground cloth and serve the sheet need, as well.

As of now, I am thinking I will sew smallbuttons onto the tyvek, slightly underneath each side of the pad, the sheet (not sure what material yet) will then wrap snug around pad and button onto the tyvek.

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been thinking about getting a quilt and this issue of sleeping directly on the pad comes to my mind. I was thinking that maybe a pillow case might be comfortable to have to put over the sleeping pad. The weight penalty might be worth the added comfort. I think next year I’ll go with a quilt

OP
B

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been thinking about getting a quilt and this issue of sleeping directly on the pad comes to my mind. I was thinking that maybe a pillow case might be comfortable to have to put over the sleeping pad. The weight penalty might be worth the added comfort. I think next year I’ll go with a quilt
I was kinda thinking the same thing on the pillow case, maybe a long one. That or having something sewn. I'm kinda the same way, I dont mind a few extra ounces for the sleep comfort aspect. That's one area I dont want to skimp on.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I'm big on dual purpose in the back country. I unzip my bag and use it as a quilt on warm nights, wearing thin LJ's and a T shirt when sleeping directly on my pad.

Look a guy has to be comfortable....so whatever works...but a liner might bunch enough to be a problem....and my thought is its just one more thing.

weeble19

FNG
Enlightened Equipment makes a lightweight sleeping pad cover for this exact reason. Check it out. Might be what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I have a Thermarest sheet over my Big Agnes pad. Works great with my Ketabatic Gear quilt. Feels more “natural” than just laying on the mat itself.

North

FNG
When using my quilt I usually use a Cocoon silk sleeping bag liner which is super light and comfy and I just bought a small cotton fitted sheet off amazon for $15 for car camping. It worked fine too.