Sleeping Pad for Floorless Shelters

BuckSnort

WKR
nothing different than any pad you use in a tent, just get a piece of Tyvek or other type of groundcloth and it won't be any more prone to wear/puncture than if it was in a floored shelter..

Xtherm for colder nights, Xlite for not so cold. I did have an Xtherm spring a very slow leak that I was not able to find, after about 3 years of use, sent it back to Thermarest and they sent me a brand-new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mlob1one

WKR
Echo what bucksnort said.
But to answer your question, I run the Exped UL synmat 7 & 9 (depending on time of year) in a long wide.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I use Big Agnes QCore, two seasons so far. Sleep better on it than I do our 5k dollar memory foam motorized mattress at home!

Read1t48

WKR
x2 on the Thermarest xTherm. It has a great R-value -- which can be used in both the summer and winter. You only need to buy one. In the summer you could go with a lighter bag, or shed sleep clothing if you were too warm.
A good pad is 1/2 the battle, especially in a floorless. I don't think you'll get too hot in the summer and you'll be glad you have it in the fall and winter. Thermarest has a great warranty program, too. Based in USA and a lot of their stuff is still made in USA.