Sleeping pad HELP

t.hock63

FNG
Ive always had issues with Big Agnes. Went to an thermarest xlite and great so far

Love my klymit pad and pillow, thank God I haven’t dealt with leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
cfdba9208c98fbf6e408e5d7ff6381ab.jpg

Had one start leaking after 1.5 yrs, contacted BA. They’re warrantied online(reason for cutting out valve) and sent me 2020 model at no cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
You've most likely got one of two issues going on with all the pads that you've been using.

1) you are super unlucky and are putting holes in all of your mats your first use out. Are you ensuring the ground is clear of sharp rocks, sticks, etc? Is your tent floor clean?

2) Most likely, you are inflating your mat when it's hot/warm outside. The shift in air temperature at night then gives you the effect of a deflated mat. Warm air is more dense when you inflate the mat and as the air cools, it looses density.

Feel free to hit me with any other questions on sleeping mats, I've been selling EXPED exclusively for the past 7yrs.

tlkaetz

WKR
That is a lot of failures. Is there any chance that the cause is something other than the pads? Seems like a lot of bad luck. Are your leaks in similar places from pinholes? Maybe you have something sharp like a piece of a cactus spine stuck in the floor of your tent. Are you careful where you set up camp? Also, you might want to consider carrying a repair kit.
^this. That is a lot of failures. I've used my xlite pad as my main sleeping pad for the last few years and I've never had an issue like that. Also used a big agnes slx without issue. I use both floored and floorless. I always use a piece of tyvek under my pad in the floor less shelters. Do you use something under your pad to protect it?