Sleeping pad noise

Rwatwood

FNG
Anyone else feel like some new pads are noisy? Does this wear out over time?
I think it mostly depends on the brand. Friend of mine has a thermarest that seems to be extremely loud. My Big Agnes pad sounds similar to a typical air mattress. I had a klymit pad a couple years ago that wasn’t super loud either.

OP
Remington23
I think it mostly depends on the brand. Friend of mine has a thermarest that seems to be extremely loud. My Big Agnes pad sounds similar to a typical air mattress. I had a klymit pad a couple years ago that wasn’t super loud either.
Always liked my klymit...but it's getting tired.

Katayaga

FNG
Thermarest X-Therms are comfortable and super warm, but definitely crunchy. Doesn't bother me, but if you move around a lot it might drive you nuts.

Rodéo

WKR
My Klymit static luxe V is super comfortable but so crinkly... hoping it will get quieter with some use. Other cheap Klymit static (uninsulated) is loud as well but less so than the luxe. Exped pads I have are quieter, lighter, and warmer than the Klymits but a touch less comfortable for me.

Decker9

WKR
When I bought my pad, I’d ordered both the thermarest Xtherm and an exped. The Xtherm reminded me of my ex it was so loud. Out the door it went.

I've not had much issue with it, but I am usually so zonked out when I lie down that I can sleep through almost anything.
I went back to foam because of the noise. Foam pad makes a great sit pad as well. Can't use your blow up pad to cushion your butt from a rock on your lunch break.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using a Prolite Plus for a while now after using Neoair and Klymit pads. Quieter and much more stable.

Anyone else feel like some new pads are noisy? Does this wear out over time?
My Therm-a-rest Xtherm is the loudest pad I've ever owned, but that being said like others have previously mentioned already. If your hunting all day, the last thing that matters is noise when your completely wiped from a full day + the thermal benefits of a pad like this one or others that are similar is so worth it to me IMO...

Nuther EXPED fan but you can always go the other way.

71ufrsGsiRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

GotDraw?

WKR
When I bought my pad, I’d ordered both the thermarest Xtherm and an exped. The Xtherm reminded me of my ex it was so loud. Out the door it went.
@Decker9 -

If your Thermarest pad reminded you of your ex- due to its noise and that noise caused you to toss it out the door, then the obvious question is: Did your relationship with your pad and "smothering" it while you slept on it remind your wife of you?

Maybe your ex picked up your thermarest pad on the street corner where you tossed it and they are perfectly happy together? She gets to blow it up every night and it doesn't mind her noise.

JL

GotDraw?

WKR
BTW- I should add that I use a Thermarest X-therm. Fantastic cold weather pad, yes it "crinkles" a little when you roll over but it has not cost me one bit of sleep. In fact, it is such a great pad that I sleep like a log on it.

Ultra compact and light when rolled up too- love that.

JL