Sleeping Pad Patch?

*zap*

WKR
My older therm-a-rest expedition pad has a hole on the top, the material is a soft, cushier material. Wondering about the best thing to use to patch it?

Thanks in advance.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Tenacious tape fixes everything

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
My Nemo air pad came with material to match top and bottom. Use some seam grip or aqua seal. Depending on the size of the hole a small dab of sealant will probably do the job. I believe that for pin size holes instructions for repair will call for the dab of sealant method. If you are looking at an actual tear or slit some patch material will be in order. Gear Aid displays will include tenacious tape and at least a couple other nylon type patch materials.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Seam grip
f2ceafd2aa32a7aef4581a07d5d3c5cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

The manufacturer does these sort of repairs for around $20 for up to ten punctures I think. Turn around is a few weeks. Kinda steep for a patch. I’ve had good luck with the
“type a”glue dot patches, but that was a neoair xtherm.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Glue, such as seam grip is your best option for a permanent fix. Tenacious tape and other similar tapes are meant for field repair and aren't as air tight for long term repair.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I was thinking that a glue/seam seal/silicone with a material over it and then silicone or seam seal the edges would be the most long lasting patch. Thoughts on that?

This is my winter pad and I rely on it to stay warm....

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
I was thinking that a glue/seam seal/silicone with a material over it and then silicone or seam seal the edges would be the most long lasting patch. Thoughts on that?

This is my winter pad and I rely on it to stay warm....

The patches are purely cosmetic. We suggest 3 layers of glue with sufficient dry time 2-3hrs in between each one if you are repairing at home.

if it is a field repair, a layer of glue and then hopefully a second if you have enough time before bed would be sufficient.