Sleeping pad recommendations?

DuckDogDr

WKR
Guys starting to research gear bow and getting ready to purchase things here and there for a 2024 sheep hunt.
Need a good pad for a bad back.
Any thoughts on this one or one better ?

Ether Light XT Insulated Air Sleeping Pad – Sea to Summit

Finey18

FNG
I tried a few different pads this summer scouting the New Mexico wilderness for elk. I ended up using the Nemo Tensor insulated pad. I got the long wide one because I don’t like my arms off the pad. It’s rectangle. It’s warm, comfortable and doesn’t crinkle. It has that bag thing to easily inflate it too. I love it. My hunting buddy uses it too. Also loves it.

Graves14

WKR
I have and love the pad you linked to. For the weight, warmth and comfort (I'm a side sleeper) I don't think you can find a better pad.

sektr

FNG
Switched from the Thermarest NeoAir XLite to the Nemo Tensor Insulated this year - best sleep system decision I’ve ever made.

I bought the long wide version. The pad is far more comfortable and is the best nights sleep I’ve had in the outdoors. Best part is there’s no annoying chip bag crinkle every time I flinch. In terms of insulation I’d say they’re about equal, plenty comfortable down to -5 Celsius (haven’t had it out below that for the Tensor yet).

Will probably pick up a Tensor Alpine next year for more demanding conditions.

rayporter

WKR
they make it sound great, the only hole i see is the R rating. i would need to carry an extra pad to put on it for warmth. but you must "know thyself" and what you need.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Guys. Do you have a link to the exped? The only one I've found is close to 6 lbs