Sleeping pads for side sleepers

Poptart

FNG
Anyone have advice for pad options for side sleepers. Trying to remove extra pressure from my hips.

Sea to summit ether light insulated. 4 inches thick. I am a side sleeper, #250 and I haven’t been able to bottom it out.

mmac

WKR
I have a nemo tensor insulated and it is 3 inches, sleeps well and light. Not sure if weight is a concern.

Napperm4

WKR
I’m a big guy at about 225 lbs. side sleeper. Anything 3” thick or better is great for keeping pressure off my hips.

I’ve used Big Agnes Q core, thermarest neoair and am waiting for my Nemo tensor to ship. Tried one in the store and the nemo is the most comfortable so far

Ddog

WKR
Klymit V Luxe, slept better than home. The wide version is great on a cot, if you use one.

OP
P

Poptart

FNG
I do use a cot quite a bit. I’ll start with that one. Would have come in handy on my last overseas trip. Hotel beds were so dang hard. I brought my 2” pad and it helped some.

I've used the BA ones myself with good results, but found them a little on the cold side. Currently using the Exped Synmat with good results. I went to a wide as well and found it light years better for side sleeping.

Another fan of the Exped Synmat. It's heavier than my two other pads (Big Agnes) but I prefer it. I start off sleeping on my back. The Exped Synmat has raised edges that make it more comfortable for back sleeping. Then, in the middle of the night I flip flop on my sides and the Synmat is thick enough to be comfortable for that too. Another bonus of the Exped is that you can get a Schnozzel bag, which fills your bag in a minute or two. It's way better than huffing and puffing for 10 minutes or more to blow it up with your mouth.

DBlack

FNG
I to am a side sleeper an in the market for a quality sleep pad. Thank you camohunter for the question an every one else for the advice.

Pghhunter

FNG
Nemo Tensor has worked for me the last few seasons. I’m 6’ 215 and haven’t bottomed out.

Only complaint is it’s a tad noisy.